Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters
When my Mother passed away, I got a phone call from her best friend who was 98. She was crying, and said to me, "all my friends are gone," I didn't know what to say! She passed away a few months latter. Sure puts living a long life into perspective!
That was my Mom. My Dad died in 1987, and when my Father-in-Law died in 2003 Mom realized all of the family and friends from her generation were gone. She died less than a year later at the age of 88, but during those last months often wondered aloud "Everyone else is gone. Why am I still here?"

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
If someone offered me an elixir that would guarantee I would live to be 100, I'd run as fast as I could in the other direction. It's hard enough to earn a living in the 21st Century for a woman in her fifties, I can't imagine the horror of trying to do it when I'm 100.

It would have to be one hell of an elixir for me to take it. I don't want to look or feel 100, but if it could preserve me at, say, 65, I might be interested.

My wife has a relation who lived to 110. Sharp old gal: she was the first female grad of Baylor University, and her husband was the first Rhodes Scholar from Texas. Very alert and up on current events when I met her at 103, but she started losing her facilities at about 106. Her poor daughter was taking care of her 24/7, and she was in her mid 70's. While I admire her for taking care of her mother, it really took its toll on her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy