Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Chris Huff said:
I'm a new member, as of yesterday, and I am 49yrs. and 4 mo. old. My daughters are 22 and 17, and love classic stlye as much as I do. They are not members, of course, but they are romantics, and appreciate a well-dressed man, and like me in all four of my fedoras.

CH
Welcome Chris! Like you, my 18 and 15 year old daughters like me in my fedoras too - although they don't appreciate the classic style for themselves, they dig it on me.

Skari Spice

New in Town
Still taking the poll? I'm 33. Born on the third anniversary of the first moon landing. Maybe that's why I'm... "looney"? *Snort!* Get it? Get it? Aw, never mind. :p

Tin Pan Sally

I'll turn 40 soon. So I only have a couple more months to vaguely tell people I am "in my thirties". I refuse to be one of those ladies who lies about her age. I mean, if I tell people I'm 21, they'll just think I look bad for my age. Besides -- I earned every year.

Skari Spice

New in Town
Tin Pan Sally said:
I refuse to be one of those ladies who lies about her age. I mean, if I tell people I'm 21, they'll just think I look bad for my age.

Yeah! I always thought it'd be better to tell people that you're OLDER than what you really are. Because then they'll think, "DANG! She looks good for her age!" :D

~Kari

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
The "Bosco" Generation ( If you don't know what it is you weren't there)

SC says:

"Oh, I love Bosco thats the drink for me, Mother puts it in my milk
because its good for me, oh I love Bosco that the drink for me!"

I will be 57 this December,a late but proud member of the 1940's club (1949)

SC :eusa_booh

Flash Gordon

Familiar Face
I turned 52 last week.

I tell everyone I'm 62, and they tell me how great I look for my age.

Not only do I remember the Kennedy assasination and the moon landing, but also the original Mickey Mouse Club, Captain Kangaroo, the milkman, the coal man, and party-line telephones.

As far as headwear goes, my dad (who's 86) tells me his favorite fedora was a Knox Twenty, which I also remember very well.

Any other questions, children?;)

Dis

New in Town
45 here. I hated my 45th birthday but I'm learning to live with it and am planning on getting older with grace and style.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'm 55, and proud of what my generation did in the 60's and 70's. That was the time period when the facade of "separate but equal" treatment for many people was stripped away, with the result that civil rights emerged. I think the baby boom generation has made at least its share of mistakes, but it has also done a great deal for US society and the world.

I do recognize that change is a two-edged sword. Some of the aspects of society that members of this forum treasure fell away during the last 40 years. However, society tends to maintain and even bring back things that it really values. Hats may turn out to be a good example.

And I'm delighted to share this forum with members that have such an interesting mixture of ages, viewpoints and experiences.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
shamus said:
I like to tell people that I'm much older than I am, that way they might say how great I look.

That's a good idea, I am going to start telling people I am 40.

I was born on the one year anniversary of Apollo 11 splashing down safely in the Pacific.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
56. Born in 1949.

In some ways it is quite odd getting this far. Mentally I don't really feel any different than, say, at 36. Physically - well, a lot of things hurt that didn't use to.

The one really good thing about getting older is that you develop a different sense of time. 10 years is half a lifetime to a 20 year old, but it is yesterday to me. In particular you start to notice the same things coming round again and again, like moral panics about the terrible state of modern youth.

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
So true, so very true...

“In youth the days are short and the years are long. In old age the years are short and day's long.”

[angel]

Pope Paul VI quotes (Italian Pope. 1897-1978)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo