Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Pilgrim -- I think there are at least three of us ahead of you, the Captain, Katt and me. I posted earlier on. I am 63.

Don't know how I got to be this age, I was just minding my own business and suddenly, I am old. Wow! I, too, remember Roosevelt's death -- all my relatives were upset and worried. I recall the war being over, church bells ringing, my grandfather standing on his front porch, giving a whoop and throwing his big, black hat in the air.

Your grandfather's quote, James, reminded me of a nasty birthday card I got from my brother when I turned 50. On the front was a dweebie young guy looking shocked, saying, "you're 50!?" Inside it said, "well at least you don't have to worry about dying young anymore."

What made it particularly nasty was: it was true.... Hey, I would like to be 50 again....

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
Your grandfather's quote, James, reminded me of a nasty birthday card I got from my brother when I turned 50. On the front was a dweebie young guy looking shocked, saying, "you're 50!?" Inside it said, "well at least you don't have to worry about dying young anymore."

What made it particularly nasty was: it was true.... Hey, I would like to be 50 again....

Hhahahahahahhah! Age is sort of a relative thing. I can remember a time when I thought people my age were old! :p We have many great jokes about age in the family. They range from my grandmother's lament at 92: "too damned old" to my aunt's retort at 78: "Golden years? You're kidding right? They are more like the tarnished years." :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

maintcoder

A-List Customer
I'll be 43 this summer... sometimes it is hard to believe I have an 18 year old daughter graduating from high school soon and have 15 years experience in my 'profession'. Was it really all that long ago Reagan was President? :icon_smil

J.B.

Practically Family
As best I can figure -- I'm coming in somewhere around fourth or fifth place in the long-of-tooth competition... :D <----------- (My dentist needs a ladder to work on 'em.)

Where is middle age?

I am thirty-nine, turning fourty on Vetrans Day and still trying to figure out where middle age is at!

As for the other aspect of this thread...I am socially progressive Classical Liberal with some Ordoliberalism and Paleolibertarianism tendancies...:confused:

See what a PhD gets you!

PR

Chris Huff

New in Town
I'm a new member, as of yesterday, and I am 49yrs. and 4 mo. old. My daughters are 22 and 17, and love classic stlye as much as I do. They are not members, of course, but they are romantics, and appreciate a well-dressed man, and like me in all four of my fedoras.

CH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic