Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Me? I was born in 1935, so I guess that makes me like YODA on this forum. My grandfather on my father's side of the family, came from Corleone, Sicily. On my mother's side is a long line of folks starting in the 1700s in England. A lot of my relatives fought in the Civil War.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
The same year of the Challenger disaster. I was born on the former day of Satan.

Before the Americas were united Pagans dedicated March 2nd to Satan, it was liberated by Christians and became All Saints Day then taken back by Wal Mart and called Halloween Sale.

I'm 19.

Mycroft

One Too Many
I beleve I am very modern, but very much in the past, my family says I am a reencarnated solider from World War I or something. But, the past is where I am, hankerchefs and all.

Calico Jack

New in Town
I'm halfway through my twenty-fourth year.

In regards to an earlier post, there was a pant craze similar to bellbottoms in the thirties, very popular at Cambridge University, although they were not, in fact, bellbottoms. Structurally, they were far more similar to the "wide-leg" pants that gained a lot of popularity amongst teens in the late nineties, flaring not from the shin or knee but from the very top of the leg. Some of the ankles in these pants were humungous by bellbottom standards. I forget the name of them, but I'll post it as soon as I remember.

Hondo

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
I'm 26 going on 75.LOL

I embrace the past and therefor despise the direction this world is headed for. There is a hatred for the sacred and the wholesome among young people my age. They do what ever they want and don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t care what consequences may come of their actions. Disrespect is running ramped all over. Not here mind you, out there I mean. I love the simple pleasures of driving my old car and wearing clothing that is three times as old as I am. It's great! I wouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t change a thing. People tell me that I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m stuck in the 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. I laugh and tell them that I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not stuck. I chose to be there and don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t care to leave.

All the best,

Root.

I was born around the end of the Korean conflict 1953, Very good Wildroot I agree, I also feel (inside) 25 going on 80, but whos counting? I want to live and enjoy life, one day simple pleasures will be gone forever, I respect older folks, my minds stuck on 30's & 40's era. Its really sad most people (youth) don't know history, go for real respect. Oh how I agree with ya Root man, I'm not a writer so I do enjoy your posts, well done, insightful :cool:

JeffW

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Sounds like the public safety retirement plan where they get 3% of their salary for every year worked up to 99%. You can retire at age 50 with 99% of your salary for the rest of your days. Thus the 3/50. I could be wrong though.
Sweet deal but I do not want to have to deal with scumbags and the injured for a living for 30 years to get it. LOL

Regards to all,

J

I wish. Try 2.3% for each year. At 51 it gets gets a little harder to deal with it but just remember "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Calico Jack said:
In regards to an earlier post, there was a pant craze similar to bellbottoms in the thirties, very popular at Cambridge University, although they were not, in fact, bellbottoms. Structurally, they were far more similar to the "wide-leg" pants that gained a lot of popularity amongst teens in the late nineties, flaring not from the shin or knee but from the very top of the leg. Some of the ankles in these pants were humungous by bellbottom standards. I forget the name of them, but I'll post it as soon as I remember.
Oxford Bags. Considered a very youthful, ugly, frivolous craze by "grown ups" of the time. :)

varga49

One of the Regulars
I was born in the first half of the last century...1949...I got here (The Fedora Lounge) as soon as I could! When life slows down a bit I hope to be a regular contributer to the forums. Happy to be here!

KR

Familiar Face
I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m 20 and have been fascinated by the era since I was 10 or so. Though on my last birthday my friends put 72 on my birthday cake!

swinggal

One Too Many
I'm 36, and most people don't ever believe me. But my mum and grandmother all look younger than they are too. It's in the genes (and keeping my face out of the sun).

swinggal said:
I'm 36, and most people don't ever believe me. But my mum and grandmother all look younger than they are too. It's in the genes (and keeping my face out of the sun).
I can relate to that too. My Grandmother passed away in her late 80's and could have passed for late 60's.
I will be 33 next week and no one ever believes I am out of my 20's. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy