Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How soft will a FQHH jacket get?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'd be tempted to use a local laundrette's, that's for sure, but keep a getaway car with engine running outside, just in case things went pear-shaped.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So, are you looking forward to it getting softer, or are you worried it will get too soft?

I don't mean that sarcastically - it's just not clear from your question.

My view is that even with regular wearing, FQHH will never really be "soft"..;)

The question is more from curiosity. I'm happy to take the FQHH ride wherever it takes me but as this is my first FQHH and I was just trying to get a better understanding of what to expect in the long run.

Thanks to Sloan for posting that video, I had actually seen that youtube clip and it was partly the motivator for this question....I just cant see or imagine my FQHH getting that soft...ever lol.

It sounds like not many people have theirs at that point either?

Mine has had 1 session of wetting (more like dampening) and tumble drying (15 mins), but it was a bit half assed..I was terrified I was going to ruin it. It did loosen it up a bit with no apparent damage but I just dont know if I can bring myself to do it again [huh]

I've actually just ordered a 3 pocket Roadster from Alexander Leather in their Jerky HH. I wanted something different in colour, style and leather and tbh, you guys have ruined steerhide for me now, I just seems too boring and pedestrian :D so mid weight was the obvious choice.

It will be interesting to see the difference in the thickness etc.

I'm planning on posting pics of it when i arrives, will keep you updated.

element1

New in Town
I just got sick of mine being stiff and the stomach never flattening down while sitting. This issue still happens though. I massaged mine with hands, sat on it multiple times on purpose and rolled the thing. It is now very pliable. The jacket cut never restricted motion but with the increased pliability it is noticeably easier to move in. As for "soft" I take soft as a smooth hand. It does not have a smooth hand at all but rather grainier. FQHH lost worlds.

Jeigernaut

New in Town
My bro tumble his cowhide mc jacket in dryer for 6 hrs with no heat. Said it worked great. I dont think id do 6 hrs myself.

Mark

Practically Family
Hi Guys,

My Aero Cafe Racer I bought a year ago is breaking in well, it has definitely softened, however, I'm wondering just how soft it will become? Obviously its a much thicker and heavier leather than my "regular" store bought cowhide jackets but will it eventually become as soft as a generic cowhide jacket?
Mine was like wearing cardboard. Loved to look at it but could not wear it. Sold it and plan to buy a steerhide jacket instead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ