Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get pale, luminous skin?

ladyk

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
is there a pale foundation that DOESN'T look flaky once applied? I find that I use a foundation (fluid or cream) that is darker than my skintone - I don't flake, but go lighter in the same product - I flake!! And since I am a beauty product collector, I take very good care of my skin, it is always well kept, moisturised and I have tried 5+ of foundations for my new pale self ( I haven't used self tan in many months, and lots of high spf).

I have normal skin - tendency to flake on the nose when a light (proper colored) foundation is applied - with or without primer.

For a color reference, I have been using MAC studio fix fluid foundation in NC20 but it is too yellow for my normaly yellow/neutral skintone. so a foundation recommendation in that end of the colorspectrum would be great!

I've always had problems getting a foundation pale enough, but last week the most fantastic new foundation was launched by, of all people, a member of a British pop group. I was so excited I ran down to the shop on the launch day last Friday and was not disapointed

www.jellypongpong.com - the range is called dainty doll, by Nicola Roberts. Its a fab consistency. For the first time, there is a foundation too pale for me - I went for the second palest. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Its also available from http://www.asos.com/Dainty-Doll/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=4788 (I know feel like a walking advert...)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ladyk said:
I've always had problems getting a foundation pale enough, but last week the most fantastic new foundation was launched by, of all people, a member of a British pop group. I was so excited I ran down to the shop on the launch day last Friday and was not disapointed

www.jellypongpong.com - the range is called dainty doll, by Nicola Roberts. Its a fab consistency. For the first time, there is a foundation too pale for me - I went for the second palest. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Its also available from http://www.asos.com/Dainty-Doll/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=4788 (I know feel like a walking advert...)

Ladyk - I have read about Dainty Doll but was worried that since it was a mousse/souffle foundation that it would be similar to the Maybelline mousse foundation in texture which goes super flaky on me. I have thought about getting the second palests one, but just how pale is it? does it have a pink or yellow undertone to it?

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Ooooh I'm so glad it's out now!! I might have to buy it online though as I doubt it will come to Australia for a while! I definitely want to give this a go as I'm in the market for a new foundation and powder! Do you have any photos to share?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Last Chael - Dainty Doll doesn't have a powder, a foundation, concealer, blush and lipgloss. But I am sure it is much easier finding a powder than to find a foundation (or at least I think so!)

I really hope to see some reviews soon for Dainty Doll - since it really appeals to me!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I have that Maybelline matte mousse foundation and I find it goes flaky but I love the texture of it - I fixed it by mixing it with moisturiser as I applied it which matches my skin tone better anyway, I don't think that they make one pale enough for me in their range. I usually apply it with a sponge for coverage and then smooth it with my fingers for better blending.

I also use Ruby and Millie's foundation primer which has silicone in it that smoothes over bumps and rough skin xx

lillielil

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
is there a pale foundation that DOESN'T look flaky once applied? I find that I use a foundation (fluid or cream) that is darker than my skintone - I don't flake, but go lighter in the same product - I flake!! And since I am a beauty product collector, I take very good care of my skin, it is always well kept, moisturised and I have tried 5+ of foundations for my new pale self ( I haven't used self tan in many months, and lots of high spf).

I have normal skin - tendency to flake on the nose when a light (proper colored) foundation is applied - with or without primer.

For a color reference, I have been using MAC studio fix fluid foundation in NC20 but it is too yellow for my normaly yellow/neutral skintone. so a foundation recommendation in that end of the colorspectrum would be great!

Have you tried MAC MoistureBlend? It is far from flaky - very creamy and moist. You should also try the NW20 rather than the NC. The "W" colors are pinker. I sometimes blend a W and a C to even out my skin tone.

Blondie

Practically Family
MissMissy said:
This mineral make-up company sells a powder foundation called Mystique that is about as pale as I've ever seen :)

http://www.premiumminerals.com/shop/foundation-mineral-c-21.html

(I've never tried this brand so I can not say if it is good quality)

Missy

I am always looking for very pale foundations, mineral or otherwise,
I placed an order of samples,
will report back once i recieve them ;)

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Great Blondie :) I'd love to hear if you like it. I need to order some more make-up in the next month or two and maybe I'll give them a try.

Missy

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Lillielil - yes, I have tried moistureblend, but that too goes flaky on my nose! so wierd.. but I have just purchased the MAC hyperreal foundation in NC100 which is very neutral. I am going to Italy on friday so I think I am going to pick up some NW colors in the airport.

sometimes I buy foundation for mature skin LOL so that is moisturizes enough, but then the coloring and lastingpower isn't supergood.

So far mineral powder is the ones that looks the best out of worst, but I am a super perfectionist about my skin and it never looks perfect :rolleyes:

Blondie - I can't wait to hear how you like the samples!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I use a body scrub and facial scrub to get the darker skin off (if I do catch any light tan) and usually keep the Neutrogena SPF 70 clear spray sunscreen on my body...as for face I have SPF 15 in my moisturizer (oil of olay) and in my foundation (MAC studio Fix). I really do enjoy gardening and walks outside, etc. so I don't avoid the sun but I most defiantly am a sunscreen addict for the purpose of being pale.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm very fair with freckles and naturally auburn hair. I'm not quite as pale as Dita, but close! Right now I do have some color on my arms and neck, as I got sunburned a couple of weeks ago. I used to hit the tanning beds - and I do get pretty dark if I keep at it - but no more of that for me! Now if I want any color, I use Victoria's Secret Bare Bronze self-tanner.

One line that has some nice, very light makeup, is Burt's Bees. Their tinted moisturizer in the lightest shade is practically white! Also, their vanishing facial powder IS white, literally. They are inexpensive and almost all natural, I really like them. Otherwise I wear Bare Minerals or Aveda, and I also like Kiehl's tinted moisturizer, which is lighterweight than the Burt's, but not as a pale.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
So I got the Chanel Cristalline powder that I was writing about earlier and it looks wonderful on the skin! I also got the new Le Blanc primer from Chanel also and it really does lighten, brighten and slightly whitens my yellowy skin up! The powder is amazing on, first it looks like it has a few sparkly things in it, but those quickly vanishes and the skin is matte, luminous and VERY sliky smooth to the touch! I can definitly recommend both!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I am surprised to read ladyk's positive review of Dainty Doll as another girl I know got some and gave it the most scathing review ever! She said it was awful! Now I am torn whether to try it or not...hmmmm.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I am surprised to read ladyk's positive review of Dainty Doll as another girl I know got some and gave it the most scathing review ever! She said it was awful! Now I am torn whether to try it or not...hmmmm.

Fleur - I am also very interested in trying it, but afraid of blowing more money on poor foundations .. perhaps your friend can let you try hers and you can tell us how you feel about it?

Blondie

Practically Family
Blondie said:
I am always looking for very pale foundations, mineral or otherwise,
I placed an order of samples,
will report back once i recieve them ;)

I recieved my samples from premium minerals, not impressed, all went ORANGE on my skin , so i won't be buying !

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
Fleur - I am also very interested in trying it, but afraid of blowing more money on poor foundations .. perhaps your friend can let you try hers and you can tell us how you feel about it?

If only...I only know her online, she lives far from me :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot