Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get some of the curl or snap out of the brim?

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Just wondering if there were any reliable methods to get the curl or snap out of a brim? I bought a Stetson Nostalgia recently and love the hat except it has a bit more snap to the brim for my taste. I don' want to take all of it out, just tone it down a decent amount. Any input appreciated.
Jedidiah

carldelo

One Too Many
Go back in time - apparently wartime rationing removes brim snap:

main.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Pompidou

That's what they did at Levine's. It was in August, so that had to let if heat up for an hour. I bought a black felt hat in StL, in August. Like it though.

Later

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just wondering if there were any reliable methods to get the curl or snap out of a brim? I bought a Stetson Nostalgia recently and love the hat except it has a bit more snap to the brim for my taste. I don' want to take all of it out, just tone it down a decent amount. Any input appreciated.
Jedidiah

HI

I HAVE NO CLUE if this is relevant or not, but by "a bit more snap to the brim for my taste." Do you mean that the brim curves down too much, or that it's too stiff?

Later

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Thats why my hat is going into Delmonicos next month.
Pompidou we need to do a TFL meet up in New Haven, with other TFL members and go to Delomonicos and then out to eat and drink.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo