Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to *gracefully* GET RID OF THE (man's...not female! :D) BEARD!

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Sigh....I don't think this is going to be an effective way of asking him to part with his beloved pet....

IMG_0974.jpg

Do I have to live with it and preserve his ego or put my foot down and wear the wonderful shirt creation you see here? :p

(and, yes, that *IS* puff-paint)

carter

I'll Lock Up
thebadmamajama said:
Sigh....I don't think this is going to be an effective way of asking him to part with his beloved pet....

IMG_0974.jpg

Do I have to live with it and preserve his ego or put my foot down and wear the wonderful shirt creation you see here? :p

(and, yes, that *IS* puff-paint)

Candlelight, dinner, wine (lots of wine)....

Wine him, dine him, get him lubricated, and.....he'll still refuse!
:D

ShortClara

One Too Many
I feel bribery works well in a relationship. Is there anything he's been hankering for/ a change you could make that would be equally gratifying to him? Could be a fun swap! :D :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Somehow I managed to get my boyfriend to let me chop off his green mohawk (which trust me, was much more offensive than a beard would have been), but that was 2 1/2 years ago when he loved me a bit more. lol

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Rave about how much fun it is to kiss a smooth face? Whiskers tickle!

(The Mister just shaved of his goatee, so I can attest to both of these as being facts!!)

Pinkie

New in Town
I would say just learn to love it. As long as its trimmed and neat, it shouldn't be that bad, right? Besides, we're in charge the rest of the time, let him have his whiskers!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
"They say that time takes it's toll on a body
Makes the young girls brown hair turn grey
But honey, I don't care,
I'm not in love with your hair
And if it all fell out well I'd love you anyway."
- Forever and Ever, Amen: Randy Travis

I'm not into tattoos or body piercing - I have neither of each - but two girlfriends from deep in my past had tattoos, and one also had her brow pierced. The artwork and hardware had nothing to do with either relationship ending. Each time, I was in love with the person.

Is there something you're very much attached to (joke intended) that he secretly wants you to lose? :p

Lee

"On the day of the wedding, the groom is thinking, 'Aisle, altar, hymn,' and his bride is thinking, 'I'll alter him.'" - Benny Hill

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
:p Nice try :D.

No hidden reason, and I don't care for him any less because of something as miniscule and trivial as facial hair... 'sjust not my thing. :) I can definitely deal, and I have. He's just a lot cuter in general without. [huh]

Camille

Familiar Face
I love the -looks- of the beard, but it makes smooching a serious problem as I have very delicate skin.

It's really a dilema. I'm having a love/hate relationship with my man's beard. He -has- offered to shave it off, but... I love him in it! What to do? [huh]

carter

I'll Lock Up
Camille said:
I love the -looks- of the beard, but it makes smooching a serious problem as I have very delicate skin.

It's really a dilema. I'm having a love/hate relationship with my man's beard. He -has- offered to shave it off, but... I love him in it! What to do? [huh]

Wear a balaclava when smooching? :D

Have you tried conditioner? Actually, has he tried conditioner?

How long is the beard? When mine is short, it's very prickly. When it's longer, it's pretty soft.

But...I've played Santa Claus one too many times. Now I'm clean shaven by choice.
:)

Camille

Familiar Face
carter said:
Have you tried conditioner? Actually, has he tried conditioner?

How long is the beard? When mine is short, it's very prickly. When it's longer, it's pretty soft.

But...I've played Santa Claus one too many times. Now I'm clean shaven by choice.[/FONT] :)

Conditioner? Huh. Good idea, I never thought about that before! Thanks! :eusa_clap His beard is pretty short-cropped, so it's far from soft.

The Shirt

Practically Family
After mine came home from a long hunting trip with a new facial friend, I told mine that he reminded me of my uncle Frank who has sported a beard as long as I can remember. I then proceeded to get my entire family to start calling him "Little Frankie". I think the real results came when I told him I felt a little ooky with the kissing my uncle thing. heh heh.

I thought this was for bearded ladies as well.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Are you open to a compromise? My man wore a beard for a long time because he feels he has a weak chin and the beard disguises it. I got him down to a goatee and now we BOTH love it. It looks a little more kempt and has a bit of style to it that the full beard didn't.

BigLittleTim

Familiar Face
Jeeves?

Isn't there an episode of "Wooster & Jeeves" in which Bertie grows a moustace and Jeeves does NOT approve? How did Jeeves manage to... convince him... to shave it off?

Beer Baron

New in Town
This is the on going debate at my house. All of a sudden the wife no longer likes my goatee and sideburns. All I know is I had them when she met me, so she must have liked them then. And Ladies, my wife has tried all of the little ploys and plots you are talking about and I have to tell you none of them have worked yet.

Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy