Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Pull Off a Look

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Mr_Misanthropy said:
And just what is wrong with looking like an anthropology professor, hmmmmm??

Aspiring anthropologist,
Jeremiah
lol Nothing, unless you're a 16-year-old-boy asking for vintage clothing tips...

The logic went like this:
- The youngest *anything* professor I know is at least 30.
- ArrowCollarMan is 16.
- A 16 yr old dressed like a 30+ year old can often look odd.
- Arrow didn't want to look "old mannish".
- Therefore I made an educated guess that he didn't want to look like a professor (I said anthro because there is a prof at my uni who dresses in polo and sports jacket/blazer all the time. I nearly said history...)

Nothing wrong with anthropology in my book... :p

- Angel
(law, political science, history)

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Ah no need for the explaination, dear. I was just joking. But thank you, and I see what you mean. We definately don't want him to come out looking like Fred Mertz on I Love Lucy or anything.

Or do we....? ;)

And to be honest, I dont think i've seen the polo shirt/blazer combo much if at all, but, I don't think i'd like it.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
d5_1_b.jpg
''

This picture reminds me being fitted for my first suit when I was like 10 or 11. It was at Brooks Brothers, and I was the ringbearer in a family friend's wedding. I feel so old - that couple has two kids now!

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
I've never gotten fitted for a suit. The first suit I ever owned was off the rack. My mother got them for my brother and I so we could have one to wear for my Grandpa's funeral. The pants on that one don't fit me very well anymore and now I'm pretty much switching over to the new one I got.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Go for the style the man is sporting in your avatar! You'd be happy with it I'm sure! you can comb it back and it stays out of your way... my self, it's kind of long but, I keep it from getting that "Duck tail" at the back... I hate mullets and duck tails... just seem kind of white trashy looking to me... kind of "Hey Verne" if you will. Cool and classic doesn't co-exist... they both start with the same letter but, that's the only similarity the two words share.lol Go with something like Clark Gable wore!

Clark%20Gable%20and%20Martha2.jpg

=WR=

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
if you want to keep as much length as possible i would look at johnny depp's hair in 'Ed Wood' for inspiration. it is basically all one length down to the tops of the ears, then shapes in neatly to the neck at the back.

Wild Root

Gone Home
My hair isn't wavy... darn it! I have very fine straight hair and I slick it. Have the barber cut it like this, then slick it... it will look very Rudolph Valentino! And you know what a sensation he was!

=WR=
rudolphvalentino1gt.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider