Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to reattach the bosalino elastic wind guard?

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I just bought the Akubra "The Fedora" and it has a real working wind trolley. Kinda unusual for a modern hat, I'm sure. I've yet to test it out. On the contrary, my vintage Knox 20 has a fake elastic one that is purely for decoration. In fact, I don't even think it was originally part of it, as it is too big too fit around the crown...

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Michaelson, I think the one on your Borsalino was defective if it broke off.

The decorative ones I have seen are not even attached, they sometimes came seperate in the boxes of new hats. I think you could put it on or take it off depending on the look you wanted. It could also be that you could decide at the shop whether or not you wanted it attached to the hat depending on prefference.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Any idea when they switched from a heavy cord to elastic? The functional wind trolley on my Borsalino is a real heavy thread, not springy at all. I wouldn't think an elastic one would work well if it was meant for more than decoration.

Brad

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Brad Bowers wrote.

Any idea when they switched from a heavy cord to elastic? The functional wind trolley on my Borsalino is a real heavy thread, not springy at all. I wouldn't think an elastic one would work well if it was meant for more than decoration.

Brad

The last Optimo hat i got from Graham has the heavy thread.

He has a machine to make them and doesn't charge extra if you want one.

I have 4 other Optimo hats and i will add the Wind String in the future. I think they give your fedora that vintage look.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, I can attest to the fact that the elastic cord on MY Borsalino was top quality. When it snapped off and hit me between the eyes, it left a nice red mark, so they didn't scrimp on the material, let me tell you.:rolleyes: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy