Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to resizing with a little paper under the sweat band?

I picked up an inexpensive fedora from Burlington Coat Factory and size wise it is a tad loose. The sweat band rests on my forehead and in the back but there is a small gap on the sides. If I slip a little paper under the sweat to tighten it up a little should I:

1) Put the paper under at the sides where the gap is

or

2) Put the paper under the sweat where it touches at the forehead and back?
[huh]

(Is it the Lilliputians that had the Big-enders versus the Little- enders war?)

Sincerely,

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hope you'll post some pictures, John. My guess is on the sides, but I do that because I'm a long oval. Looking forward to you BCF special;) !

dean

qwerty

Familiar Face
I never did this but it might just work.
Take a peice of paper. Cut it so it fits perfectly around the inside of the hat (sweatband). Mark on that peice of paper where do those gaps start and where they finish.
Then take some sticky tape. The width of the tape shall be the width of your final product. Unroll it to the length of your paper sample. Do that twice.
Then take some smaller strips of paper. They should be just a little bit narrower than the sticky tape.
And then layer it on first tape. Becouse you do not need any spacing in front and back leave those areas without and paper layers. Where you need spacing add as many layars of paper as you need. Use those markings on paper for start and finish. Make sure that you put enough layers and that transition is smooth.
When you are done with it just stick it all together with second peace of sticky tape.

I hope this helps. I also hope this works.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I just down-sized a hat with judiscious use of steam on the sweat-

I would say this mesthod is best used only on a new sweat- an older one wouldn't respond well- shrink, get ruined.

Steam it, then put it on your head, it will shrink slightly as it cools/dries and conform to your head shape.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80