Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How vintage are we?

How vintage are we?

• Born in the 20's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Born in the 30's

• Born in the 40's

• Born in the 50's

• Born in the 60's

• Born in the 70's

• Born in th 80's

• ...and in the 90's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Never mind what year I was born, it's more like when should I have been born?

I reckon about when my maternal grandmother was born, which was December 1911. Then I would have been a young woman through the 1930s, my favourite decade of interest.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Later baby boomer

Barely old enough to remember when thin ties and lapels were still in (the first time around), when older men wore fedoras with their suits, the British Invasion, when TV still had black and white programs, meeting Spanish-American War veterans, when Stan Laurel passed away, and when President Kennedy was killed. My father was born in 1918, my mother in 1920. I was reared on Big Band music, 30s-40s films, old radio programs, and WWII stories. I would have preferred to have lived in late 19th century England, or to have been of age in the U.S. between 1935-1955, more or less.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
27th December 1965 me!!

i enjoyed the1980s....as i was a "teddy girl" from 1975 loved rockabilly and rock n roll, and just developed into more 1940/50s music and style as i grew up,! Here in the UK we had a brilliant "rockin" scene then and all the 1940s and 50s origonal stuff was in better condition than now and a lot Cheaper!!

wasnt ALL happening in london...but its summed up nicely here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhCur2cN0rw

god we all look sooooooooo young!

Aurora

One of the Regulars

30's & 40's are my idea of vintage, with a splash of 50's for good measure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic