Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How vintage are we?

How vintage are we?

• Born in the 20's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Born in the 30's

• Born in the 40's

• Born in the 50's

• Born in the 60's

• Born in the 70's

• Born in th 80's

• ...and in the 90's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndigoFanatic

New in Town
1982 here...

I'd consider "vintage" to be 20's-40's. "Classic" then is 50's-70's. The 80's aren't really worth thinking about. 90's on would be "modern." Perhaps my views are tinted by music and cars...

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Like, Fleur, 1981.

So many people ask (I'm sure many of the 30-somethings and under get this a lot) - don't you feel you were born in the wrong era?

No. So the 80s kinda sucked. But today I can own my own business, read all sorts of shocking things, be openly interested in politics and terrible at sewing. (Not to mention testing merchandise before marriage.)

I'm absolutely a creature of my time - but would never want dress that way.

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
1932 for me and 1931 for my wife. Since there is only one entry on the poll for the 30's, I guess I am the only one. I thought there were other members on the lounge born in the 30's or perhaps they didn't participate in the poll.

At any rate, the 30's and 40's are my most memorable years and seems like it was all down hill thereafter.

Will

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
vitanola said:
I know what you mean. I went away to school at the age of 15 and graduated at 19.

Missed out on a good bit of drinking, but not much else.

I went away to school (Columbia) at 16 in 1948 and graduated with BBA at 19, Law Degree (Columbia) at 21. And I'm not sure I missed out on much of the drinking. (or smoking, either - there was definitely peer pressure).

Actually, I think I was about the same age as many others in college at that time (other than WWII vets) although now-a-days, it seems that students are somewhat older and graduate at an older age. Part of that may have to do with there were only 11 grades through high school in the golden era and now there are 12. That added 12th grade occurred in the 30's and 40's for the most part.

Will

Warbaby

One Too Many
Bill Taylor said:
1932 for me and 1931 for my wife. Since there is only one entry on the poll for the 30's, I guess I am the only one. I thought there were other members on the lounge born in the 30's or perhaps they didn't participate in the poll.

At any rate, the 30's and 40's are my most memorable years and seems like it was all down hill thereafter.

Will

Boy Howdy am I ever glad to see that I'm not the oldest geezer in the Lounge! With all those folks born in the 80s and 90s, I was starting to feel downright antidiluvian.

(I was born in '41)

Flivver

Practically Family
I'm a 1951 model...raised by parents born in the late teens.

I fondly remember the 1950s, but since I was a child, I've been mainly interested in the era just *before* I was born...the 1920s through the 1940s.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
13 November 1955 for me.

The 50's and 60's were a great time to be alive and young. I was blessed with a wonderful family that did a lot of things together.

The 70's were a LOT OF FUN :D It's a wonder I survived some of the things, but what a blast ...

The 80's just plain sucked. Except for a couple of my children being born in the 80's, I could have skipped that decade and been glad. [huh]

The 90's were a welcomed relief from the 80's. Things were generally good.

The 00's of the 21st century has been a mixed bag for me. I've had to bury way too many of my family in this decade. Hopefully the next decade will be better ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24