Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How's Your Summer Going?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
The weather has been pretty poor here so far and we were promised a heatwave at the weekend that never materialised - I went out last night and it was drizzling rain the whole evening! At least I only had to wear a cardigan - it was kind of muggy. Maybe September will be nice.....

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
It seems you and I are sharing weather patterns Miss.

At least you got three weeks of nice weather! ;) I think the only time *fingers crossed* that I will experience good weather for straight weeks are when I head to the south of France in September (although I'm sure when we're away the weather here in Dublin will be beautiful - typical!!!!!).

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
It's official, at least according to the meteorologist at the Washington Post. July was the hottest month in recorded Washington DC history. This followed a June that was the hottest June since they started keeping track.

You can have my global warming! We had out hottest June on record, followed by what will probably be our hottest July on record. We had a heat wave last week, then 2 days that felt darn near chilly at 95F, then another heat wave this week. We average 33 days of 90F or greater, and we hit that on Friday, with still August and September to go. In addition to the heat. I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago and was in a car accident, hit by a guy who thought he could beat me through an intersection. I had the green light, BTW. Summer can end now, please.

Send it. I'll take that over cold and windy.
I am not quite sure your records there are that spotty as the 1980s back there were well into the record book---especially the middle of last month. Your coldest years were in the 1890s.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I am not quite sure your records there are that spotty as the 1980s back there were well into the record book---especially the middle of last month. Your coldest years were in the 1890s.
What do you mean? And what does when the coldest month occurred have to do with this conversation?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tom, we had a rash of that years ago when I was at another agency.
Dodge Shadow and Dodge Diplomat rear views came off like crazy that summer...
A cardigan Miss Golightly? Rubbing it in for us Southerners. :D
Watering roses and a banana tree in the morning and afternoon.

minkowski1552

New in Town
18 days in July were in triple digits. Today was 107 with a heat index of 114. I spend my days in my ac house. At least I do not have to mow the lawn (have not mowed in 3 weeks). Plants are dormant around here.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Lost mine on both wagons, and my sister lost hers on her Jimmy. Lots of super glue use here!

That happened on a car or two of mine. You might try what I did, if the seat height allows visibility. Mount the mirror to the dashboard instead. It takes some getting used to, but it's a popular style in many sports cars, and you can use screws!

I thought of doing that, I'd feel like I was driving a late 50's MoPar, though lol
That happened on a car or two of mine. You might try what I did, if the seat height allows visibility. Mount the mirror to the dashboard instead. It takes some getting used to, but it's a popular style in many sports cars, and you can use screws!

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Here in Midcoast Maine, HUMID!! And I'm not a fan of humidity. July we had near triple digits with humidity that would make any Texan complain. Even being on the coast, still wicked hot. I had talked to a neighbor who is a lobsterman, says being being out on the water 25 miles from shore is no cooler. And pulling traps up and having the sun bounce off the water's surface makes it worse.

I just the AC recharged in my truck, so we've been finding excuses to go for rides!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana