Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HP Lovecraft

BJonas

One of the Regulars
Anyone know where I can buy (on cd or tape) the few dramatizations of HP Lovecraft's stories that were made? I've only ever heard one (The Dunwich Horror) and it was a surprisingly faithful adaptation as I recall. Any help would be appreciated.

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
The Atlanta Radio Theatre Company

From their web site:

fully dramatized, fully sound-scaped audio drama, far beyond the readings and "audio books" you can find in every bookstore

My wife and I attend their live performances every year at DragonCon in Atlanta. They've adapted several Lovecraft stories, and sell them through their website. It is reall great stuff to listen to, and it is a lot of fun watching them perform on stage. They have a Foley team, and they usually get some of the celebrities and/or authors attending the convention to perform with them.

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
I'll second that! A great author who's work rarely has been properly adapted to other media (the desecrations of filmmaker Stuart Gordon are a chief example). While he's fared less well on celluloid, HPL's stories seem to be a natural for radio!

BJonas

One of the Regulars
Curt Chiarelli said:
I'll second that! A great author who's work rarely has been properly adapted to other media (the desecrations of filmmaker Stuart Gordon are a chief example). While he's fared less well on celluloid, HPL's stories seem to be a natural for radio!
I agree with that. Dagon and Dreams In The Witch House were decent, but not great. But that old Dunwich Horror show... THAT was good.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21