Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUFVUD HATMAKER | Lund, Sweden

EinarsM

Vendor
Sharing a SVEN HOMBURG. Rabbit & Hare Blend.

www.hufvud.com/fedoras

PSX_20190306_155144.jpg
PSX_20190306_200528.jpg
PSX_20190306_200704.jpg

ItsKarl

New in Town
I would just like to bump this thread for my own inscrutable reasons. Well, not so inscrutable: those look fantastic! And I love the customisation options, too, and the prices seem more than reasonable for custom work.

I will be ordering at one point, once it's safe to buy another hat. My last purchase, a homburg, and the reaction from the missus was this: "you know, if there is one thought that never entered my head, it was 'Karl sure needs a new hat'." That's not exactly a vote of confidence, but I like hats, dammit. And now that I've got an Akubra on its way, I'll have to give her some time to build up more hat tolerance again.

Just how long is the waiting list, these days?

Last edited:

EinarsM

Vendor
I would just like to bump this thread for my own inscrutable reasons. Well, not so inscrutable: I think those look fantastic!

I will be ordering at one point, once it's safe to buy another hat. My last purchase, a homburg, and the reaction from the missus was this: "you know, if there is one thought that never entered my head, it was 'Karl sure needs a new hat'." That's not exactly a vote of confidence, but I like hats, dammit. And now that I've got an Akubra on its way, I'll have to give her some time to build up more hat tolerance again.

Just how long is the waiting list, these days?

Hi Karl,

Thanks for asking. I agree with you. Good to have a variety of hats. I am a keen collector myself. Akubra is just amazing. It's safe to say that the waiting time is around 8 - 9 weeks. I have been delivering earlier than expected for some orders, 1-2 weeks. Homburgs still tend to take 8 - 9 weeks to complete.

Feel free to send me an email to discuss the details, info@hufvud.com

www.hufvud.com

Regards,

Mikael

ItsKarl

New in Town
I have a feeling I will probably be ordering a fedora from you, but I do like the looks of those homburgs. Love the colour combinations on the examples here, especially the last homburg and the bowler.

I'm guessing I'll be ordering for my birthday in September; that ought to give me an excuse to splurge. First I need to decide exactly what I'd like, though. I'll drop you an email once I've got a rough idea.

EinarsM

Vendor
I have a feeling I will probably be ordering a fedora from you, but I do like the looks of those homburgs. Love the colour combinations on the examples here, especially the last homburg and the bowler.

I'm guessing I'll be ordering for my birthday in September; that ought to give me an excuse to splurge. First I need to decide exactly what I'd like, though. I'll drop you an email once I've got a rough idea.

Thank you kindly sir. Take all the time you need. Planning and designing a hat is the most important and fun part of making hats. Let me know if there is any specific color that you are looking for, both felt and ribbon. Hope you have a great coming weekend!

EinarsM

Vendor
Hello Einars, as a fan and collector of homburgs, I bet the form to make the hat is the same.
The first has the most raised brim on the sides, however it is two excellent hats.
I personally prefer the first as combination of colors.
Molto bravo!

Ah! Thank you kindly. Great input!

In terms of shape, both are different. The first one in gray has a shorter brim and the curve is a bit deeper. Second has a longer brim at 2.5 inch and also not as deep curve. I use a curling shackle, various styles, to make the initial shape then I extend the sides a bit and shape by hand the final part before bindning.

/ Mikael

Update version of one the original SVEN HOMBURGS. It's been with me ever since I started making hats. Glad to have come this far with making homburgs.

Got an amazing Bowler coming up soon in 30X Beaver.

View attachment 161408 View attachment 161409 View attachment 161410
Completed this side project. FLOKI FEDORA by HUFVUD. 100X Beaver felt in Dark Brown Rust. With a cotton/rayon 50 mm grosgrain.

Enjoy!

View attachment 161466 View attachment 161467 View attachment 161468 View attachment 161469 View attachment 161470
I like your hats better and better, Mikael. All of your recent hats show your improving skills and excellent work in shapes, colours and finishing. Great work.

EinarsM

Vendor
I like your hats better and better, Mikael. All of your recent hats show your improving skills and excellent work in shapes, colours and finishing. Great work.

Thank you kindly sir! Try to be 1% better every day. Not a day without learning and trying something new. Every custom order that is something different also tests the skills. Loving it.

Regards

Mikael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk