Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hurricane Irma

As Hurricane Irma was barreling towards South Florida my wife and I had packed small go-bags for our stay in a local hotel (I am in an evacuation zone). However, as we were loading the car I went back inside and rolled out a huge suitcase. She asked what the heck I was bringing. I unzipped the bag to reveal all of my Vanson leather jackets. She rolled her eyes and called me ridiculous. HAHA. I told her I wasn't done yet, then proceeded to ride my Road King into the house (lucky I did as my garage flooded). That really set her off. The price we pay for our obsessions.

Yeah, I am considering a move. The home, wind and flood insurance alone is enough to make you weep.

I evacuated the first wife but got snared again lol. My power came back after a few days but I am all the way in East Hollywood. My mother, down in the north section of Coral Gables still has no power.

If I do stay a large generator is in the cards.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Just hope all Lounge members survived Harvey and Irma. HH skin much less valuable than human skin.

Sadly, we've got the second half of this hurricane season yet to go. As I type this, the GFS (one of our more dependable forecasting models) is predicting that soon-to-be Hurricane Maria will landfall in eastern North Carolina. By the way...most people think "GFS" stands for "Global Forecasting System". It doesn't. It stands for "Geoff's Front Steps". That's where the GFS always seems to be aimed.

AF

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
I really hope you and all people in Miami are safe and sound. I've made $100 donation through US embassy-South Korea. (I am South Korean by the way) I was hoping I could send more but I have a tuition to pay... sadly...

I know that current South Korean administration disregard US-South Korea alliance and reaching out hands to North Korea, but please do note that not every South Korean is like that.
Heck! I don't really understand why the president is acting that way!

+ I am scared as I can be regarding the current NK nuke bomb... I really wish I don't live here...

Again, I hope every lounge member living in the area of influence are all safe and sound not to mention his cherished leather jackets.

Sincerely,

High maintenance

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
After his wife passed away a few years ago my uncle bought a winter house in Sarasota, FL. Then last year he moved full-time there from Westchester, NY, where he had lived for almost 45 years. Earlier this year he suffered a stroke that has left him wheelchair-bound. He doesn't have kids so I'm one of his closest relatives. I spent over a month with him after his stroke, and I'm heading over there again in a week or so. Funnily enough he selected Sarasota thinking it' be one of the safer places in Florida from hurricanes. In 2007 and again in 2011 his NY apartment complex suffered major flood damages from a Nor'easter storm and Hurricane Irene, which soured him to NY and made him consider moving out - straight to another hurricane situation! Anyways he and his sister (my aunt) visiting him are safe as Irma didn't hit Sarasota as hard as feared - thank goodness!

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
hopefully all are safe and well, you guys wished for leather jacket season, sometime the heaven does listen...
1000% agree with Navesta plus many others here for their words.
All our sympathy from the old "Lafayette" playground....France.
Wishing you and yours all the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff