Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I’m thinking of buying a cockpit 21st jacket…

abx0082

New in Town
Hi, I’m thinking of buying a cockpit usa usaf 21st century a-2 z21v41 but I’m not really sure about the sizing. The size guide recommended me size 36 but I want a slightly oversized fit. Should I buy size 40? or 38?

I’m 5‘9“ 180lbs and my chest is 39inch and shoulder 19inch

I know that people in here are not that interested in cockpit usa jackets, but I can’t find other place to ask for.
Sorry for poor english,
Have a nice day thankyou

Attachments

• E357E38B-B6FD-4085-A5C1-6940E040BE23.jpeg
    E357E38B-B6FD-4085-A5C1-6940E040BE23.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 45

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cockpit isn’t inherently bad but can you tell us more about what you’re looking for?

abx0082

New in Town
This is my first leather jacket purchase,
People said that cockpit’s design is not the original, but I’m okay with it. and also i don’t prefer the tight fit of old jackets. I’m looking for a nice quality leather jacket at a reasonable price
Maybe up to $700
Thank you for answering

El Marro

The 21st century A-2 is a relaxed cut when compared to the original WW2 jackets. Therefore I think you will find that a size 38 in this model will be a little loose and a size 40 will be really loose.

Aloysius

This is my first leather jacket purchase,
People said that cockpit’s design is not the original, but I’m okay with it. and also i don’t prefer the tight fit of old jackets. I’m looking for a nice quality leather jacket at a reasonable price
Maybe up to $700
Thank you for answering

If you want a flight jacket style without being exact WWII spec, or as you put it, "original", that's actually a smart decision because many of the civilianized versions introduce some big improvements (in practical living) compared to the wartime jacket. I also get the impression that you want a slightly oversize fit. Good to know!

Based on that, I'd suggest that you check out some civilianized versions of the US Navy jacket (G-1) as well–I mention that because it is significantly more comfortable to wear than the A-2 style, to the point that I am able to comfortably move around in a WWII one that is at least a size too small for me and @El Marro above has worn them comfortably while working.

Here are some options that might be of interest to you.

Legendary Hellcat G-1 jacket. With a 39" chest, you could comfortably wear both the Small and Medium of this. It's usually $700 but currently $530 without any coupons.

The Cockpit USA Modified G-1. This one you'd want to get in a 40 or 42 for the fit you're after. Its major perk is that it has both handwarmer pockets and a removable sheepskin collar. This means you can wear it as a simple leather jacket when you want, and that you can attach the fur collar when you want.

Both of these will be far more comfortable than an A-2 due to the construction of the arms and back.

If you are open to non-military designs, I can give you other good options within your budget.

abx0082

New in Town
If you want a flight jacket style without being exact WWII spec, or as you put it, "original", that's actually a smart decision because many of the civilianized versions introduce some big improvements (in practical living) compared to the wartime jacket. I also get the impression that you want a slightly oversize fit. Good to know!

Based on that, I'd suggest that you check out some civilianized versions of the US Navy jacket (G-1) as well–I mention that because it is significantly more comfortable to wear than the A-2 style, to the point that I am able to comfortably move around in a WWII one that is at least a size too small for me and @El Marro above has worn them comfortably while working.

Here are some options that might be of interest to you.

Legendary Hellcat G-1 jacket. With a 39" chest, you could comfortably wear both the Small and Medium of this. It's usually $700 but currently $530 without any coupons.

The Cockpit USA Modified G-1. This one you'd want to get in a 40 or 42 for the fit you're after. Its major perk is that it has both handwarmer pockets and a removable sheepskin collar. This means you can wear it as a simple leather jacket when you want, and that you can attach the fur collar when you want.

Both of these will be far more comfortable than an A-2 due to the construction of the arms and back.

If you are open to non-military designs, I can give you other good options within your budget.
I saw your recommendations and they’re perfect!! especially g-1.
Thankyou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko