Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am still hunting for this poster

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
054140.jpg

It is a poster from a series called "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Gottfried Helnwein.

I have been looking for this for six months with no luck. If anyone runs across it, please pick it up for me. If you see it, don't walk away from it. I will gladly buy it from you.

Thanks.

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
I've been keeping up my search for you too, buddy. No luck yet. Closest I got was a shop in NY saying they could order it and get it in a week. I was leaving the next day, so didn't do me any good. Don't know if he was just blowing smoke, or not, but next trip up, I'll stop back in and see if they can ship it after ordering. Any place around me here have basically said the same thing, 'try this or that catalog'. At this point, I'm thinking smaller mom and pop shops might be more of help than the run of the mill mall frame shops.

I'll still be keeping my eyes out.

Mike

Jsoftz

New in Town
Actually- a poster from that same series is posted in the men's bathroom at a local pizza place. I wonder where they got it?

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
I hope it works out for you! If so, please fill in the details on how you got it. It's been a fruitless search on this side of the continent!

Mike

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
The site is called stealthseposters.com.......In fact......the poster was removed from the webpage as soon as I ordered it.

That scared me......but not as bad as the response to the my e-mail asking if it was sold out now. They said something like "Yes. We can ask our distributor if they have more. How many are you interested in?".

I thought, oh boy. They never had one and now they are looking for one to full fill the order. I fired back an e-mail asking him to be crystal clear if they had my poster and were shipping it to me. I waited on pins and needles for the reply....which didn't come quick.

They finally did respond and assured me that they indeed had the poster but it was their last one. The site automatically removed it.

I received an e-mail from them with the tracking number yesterday. It was sent priority mail.

I am not counting my chickens before they are hatched though.......but my fingers are crossed.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Originally posted by MK
I am giving my office a make-over. New paint, new carpet, new moldings......just for starters. I am not sure which Bogart poster will be with the Bogart table yet. :cool:
So are you taking your Star Wars posters down? I'm glad you found what you were looking for. It's funny I read this post tonight. Just this afternoon my mom and I were eating at a quaint little diner in Fort Worth which had posters up of Lucille Ball, The 3 Stooges, and one of those Elvis/Marilyn/Bogie/James Dean posters. I actually looked around the restaurant for your poster MK in hopes they might have it so I could find out where they got it and relay that info to you. But they didn't have it.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Originally posted by MK
Thanks Holly. That was nice of you.

Good to see you here again. Long-time-no-see.
It's good to be back. I don't make it here as much as I'd like, but it feels good to be back. I've been in the middle of moving recently and my online time this past month has been minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24