Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I curse Charlie Sheen

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Yesterday I found some great vintage shirts at a local Salvation Army store.

When I was paying for them, the clerk says "Oh, nice Charlie Sheen shirts. He really made them popular huh? Everybody wants them now" :mad: She then went on to say there were more shirts, but someone bought them up the day before :rage:

It was all I could do from letting loose that I've been collecting these kinds of shirts long before Charlie Sheen and even long before Kramer....

huh...sorry, had to vent....

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Hugh Beaumont said:
... I've been collecting these kinds of shirts ... even long before Kramer....

Ah yes, the wardrobe people at Seinfeld. I remember when, T.V. season after T.V. season, they went all over the U.S., looking for vintage size extra large / extra long shirts, pants, jackets and cardigans for good ol' Kramer to wear. Loaded with cash, they paid top dollar for the (often really amazing) stuff. Those were the days ...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Hugh Beaumont said:
Yesterday I found some great vintage shirts at a local Salvation Army store.

When I was paying for them, the clerk says "Oh, nice Charlie Sheen shirts. He really made them popular huh? Everybody wants them now" :mad: She then went on to say there were more shirts, but someone bought them up the day before :rage:

It was all I could do from letting loose that I've been collecting these kinds of shirts long before Charlie Sheen and even long before Kramer....

huh...sorry, had to vent....

Don't worry... from now on you get to pulll lotsa chicks and get to drink a bit more thann usual...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Ah yes, the wardrobe people at Seinfeld. I remember when, T.V. season after T.V. season, they went all over the U.S., looking for vintage size extra large / extra long shirts, pants, jackets and cardigans for good ol' Kramer to wear. Loaded with cash, they paid top dollar for the (often really amazing) stuff. Those were the days ...
Could have done it cheaper custom-made. Hell, New Republic in NYC had that style pretty down, and might not even have had to go OOB.

But that's Hollywood for ya. It cares less about how much money is spent than about how many people it's spent on, and how quiet it can be kept.

As for the "Kramer" shirt, I think I quit wearing them about the time I discovered Kramer. I'm already too much like him, except for the hair and the mysterious animal-magnetism.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
This thread is great because I thought the same thing. I was at a store and the salesman said the camp shirt style was popular again because of Sheen. Then, I threw up a little in my mouth.

mattfink

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
You could be right, I'm guessing BCE- I would never watch that show
on purpose.

Chandler Bing did the "shirt" thing long ago but they were BC Ethic.
Only saw that show by accident, too.

B
T

Unless they are pulling vintage ones, I don't think BCE makes that style any longer. Nat Nast is churning them out for golf dorks and lounge lizards still.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
No More Shorts

Thats funny because Charlie said he will be glad when he doesn't have to wear shorts and Bowling shirts any more!

GWD

One Too Many
mattfink said:
Unless they are pulling vintage ones, I don't think BCE makes that style any longer. Nat Nast is churning them out for golf dorks and lounge lizards still.

Us golf dorks can't wear those shirts (golfing). Any respectable golf course doesn't allow untucked shirts to be worn. Camp shirts are meant to be worn untucked. :D

Feraud

Bartender
These are also known as Tony Soprano shirts.
sopranosSPLASH_468x636.jpg

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Beat me to it! It's not just Charlie Sheen. The Sopranos, may have had something to do, with the return of the camp style shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko