Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I did ! I found the perfect hat for me !

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Ole all opinions are valid, (IMHO!) but my grandmother used to tell us "if you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to say nothing."

Over the years, though, I have adopted the Alice Longworth Roosevelt version, "if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!"

I absolutely agree - and I think most people would. The "devil-in-the-detail" here is the definition of "nice" :)

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
What is acceptable to one at the beginning of a journey, will not be acceptable latter along the path.

It depends on how much knowledge one picks up,

I was also wondering if the OP is in the beginning stages of his hat journey. I still have hats that I bought at the beginning of my hat collecting days that are doing nothing but taking up space and I seriously need to get rid of them.

fedoracentric

Banned
What is acceptable to one at the beginning of a journey, will not be acceptable latter along the path.

That is so true. When I was first getting interested in fedoras I bought a few modern ones and was thrilled with them. As I began to learn about vintage it wasn't long before the original ones I bought were less and less to my liking. I got rid of all of them eventually.

I also realized my hat size was not what I thought it was when I started out. I was actually a size higher than I thought.

cmalbrecht

Familiar Face
I just checked that on line and don't see the Trilby you have. They do have a nice fairly stingy brim rabbit felt for 119 euros, which isn't bad, especially when they offer them in a wide variety of sized.

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the comments. I know this is something personal and this hat can't please everyone.

Yes, I'd say I'm at the beginning of my hat journey. I started a couple years ago with an Akruba Fed IV imported from Australia. I just love it but never wear it. Fedoras simply aren't seen anywhere in France and I just don't feel comfortable wearing it. However, Trilbies are much more common. Also the Fed IV is made of felt.... it's not cold enough in France

I wear cheap hats but of course I try avoid those made of paper ; those are extremely common over here and sold from big brands such as H&M. I have about 10 hats, some made of straw, some made of cotton. All are fedoras, a couple of them have large brim (meaning, standard fed brim). Most of them are trilbies. They usually cost between 30-60 euros, no more.

This one is listed on this website below, though to be honest, the color are much less vivid that advertize on the picture (see my first post)

http://www.headict.com/fr/12536-chapeau-lin-borde-beige.html

Now i'm about to get a panama on PanamaHatMall (probably on of their "urban" models)
http://www.panamahatmall.com/advanc...to_show=1&cat_exc=4928&keywords=urban&x=0&y=0

Again, not an over expensive straw hat but one that will fit my needs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo