Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I had a fight with my wife tonight....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Umm...no. She was in no way attractive to me in the slightest.

Since that posting in March of last year, She and he both moved in with me, became the roommates that nightmares are made of (Including bringing an infestation of roaches into my house), and have been moved out. Oh, and she only lasted about 5 months in my office before she quit (and only that long because my boss didn't want me to fire her and have her file unemployment).
:eeek:
Justin, you just can't write that stuff, even for a tv movie. :D

BTW my wife only has 1 bottle of shampoo, and one bottle of conditioner.
It's the bathroom cabinet that holds various types of hair spray, hair sheen, etc.
With waist length hair, she needs it I guess.
Me? I just use the Bath and Beauty Works soap/shampoo for me. Noire this time, I think.

hatguy1

One Too Many
I personally think we may need a new forum perhaps entitled "Soap Box Corner" so folk can vent their spleens, about subjects that have nothing to do with the price of vintage eggs....seriously!

SPEAKERS-CORNER-HYDE-PARK-LONDON-1959-1-C31345.jpg

No offense, but what useful purpose would that serve a website devoted to vintage items of clothing?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We aren't a forum just about vintage clothing, although that's a common perception. We're about any topic relating in some way to the 1920s thru the 1950s -- so there's plenty of room for discussion to move far afield from hatbands and armholes. Especially in the Observation Bar, clothing often has very little to do with the topics under discussion.

Edward

Bartender
Agreed.

No offense, but what useful purpose would that serve a website devoted to vintage items of clothing?

Most forums have some sort of space for off-topic discussion - typically a more manageable way of preventing the themed areas from becoming riddled with the inevitable OT stuff than having full time mods who can edit it 24/7. As an example, some years ago a musicians' forum I look in on actually created a political discussion area in order to stop that taking over the music-related areas.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Agreed.

Most forums have some sort of space for off-topic discussion - typically a more manageable way of preventing the themed areas from becoming riddled with the inevitable OT stuff than having full time mods who can edit it 24/7. As an example, some years ago a musicians' forum I look in on actually created a political discussion area in order to stop that taking over the music-related areas.

I'm just gun shy of off-topic things entering into the vintage forums and ruining the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner