Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a theory..and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
The northeast is getting ready for a bit of snow tonight. Up here we have a tradition were we just stay home, eat french toast and poop. I know this MUST be so because the market shelves are striped of bread, egg's and toilet paper. Now the questions. What happens to all the plywood they sell to board up windows just before every hurricane hits down south (CNN told me so so it must be true)? Does every home have a backyard full of dog houses and sheds? Also, does everyone up north throw out their snow shovel when they get done with the sidewalk and drive way? Long lines at the hardware today with arms loaded up with salt and shovels. Just wondering.
Tom D.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Tom,
That glue sniffing hobby is really getting the best of you. lol

Go make some french toast, you'll feel better....:D :D :D

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with Drew here. ;) :D

What I'd like to know is where all the blue tarp goes that people use during hurricane season? That's another item people seem to clamor for every year down here.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz said:
The northeast is getting ready for a bit of snow tonight. Up here we have a tradition were we just stay home, eat french toast and poop. I know this MUST be so because the market shelves are striped of bread, egg's and toilet paper. Now the questions. What happens to all the plywood they sell to board up windows just before every hurricane hits down south (CNN told me so so it must be true)? Does every home have a backyard full of dog houses and sheds? Also, does everyone up north throw out their snow shovel when they get done with the sidewalk and drive way? Long lines at the hardware today with arms loaded up with salt and shovels. Just wondering.
Tom D.

Maybe they use the plywood to build dog houses and sheds. [huh]

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am not sure what happens to the plywood, my guess being that it sits in a pile in the backyard until the weather makes it useless, but as to the shovels, they have a nasty habit of getting stolen. What the thieves do with them is beyond me.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
St.Ignatz said:
Also, does everyone up north throw out their snow shovel when they get done with the sidewalk and drive way? Long lines at the hardware today with arms loaded up with salt and shovels. Just wondering.
Tom D.

The wind will blow it into the driveway, where I will run over it, breaking the handle in half. I'll wrap it up with duct tape, drive about a dozen box nails thru it, and keep using it for the next five years until the nails rust out and the wood under the tape rots away and the shovel breaks in half in my hands while I'm trying to heave another miserable clod of snow back into the good-for-nothing street after that halfwit plow driver filled me in again and I fling the pieces into the snow bank in a blind rage while using words and phrases I learned from my dear old great aunt the lady longshoreman.

That's what happens to my snow shovel.

Any more questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda