Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

xbeatles4x

One of the Regulars
Well i will keep you informed but at the moment I am pleased with my hat. I will let you guys know in the future if I decide to change my mind or need advise.

Well i will keep you informed but at the moment I am pleased with my hat. I will let you guys know in the future if I decide to change my mind or need advise.
Personal opinion--if you like the hat and you like how it fits regardless of how much foam or felt you have under the sweatband, keep it, wear it, and enjoy it! If/when you decide to buy another hat in the future, maybe try a size 59 at that time. :yo:

Zombie, your TF Fed IV looks fantastic. Wear it in the best of health.
Thank you, Sir! I think I've worn it almost every day since I shaped the crown and the brim, and it seems to get more comfortable every time I put it on my head, so I'm really enjoying it! I think my other hats might be feeling neglected... lol

I like yours as well. Of course, except for some minor differences in the shapes of the crowns and brims, and the quality of the felts, they're essentially identical so that makes sense. lol

jhe888

One of the Regulars
I like the crown of the Federation, but want a hat with a regular brim - not dimensional. Has anyone had one trimmed to one width and have some photos?

Also, can the back of the brim be convinced to snap up without being re-flanged?

I know it might be easier to look for a hat more like that to start, except that my 7 7/8 head makes finding a vintage hat difficult to impossible. I know custom-made is also an option, but this is another.

Thanks.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the crown of the Federation, but want a hat with a regular brim - not dimensional. Has anyone had one trimmed to one width and have some photos?

Also, can the back of the brim be convinced to snap up without being re-flanged?

I know it might be easier to look for a hat more like that to start, except that my 7 7/8 head makes finding a vintage hat difficult to impossible. I know custom-made is also an option, but this is another.

Thanks.

I am interested in thus as well. I've been considering this as well.

I could swear I've seen at least one post somewhere here on The Lounge in which someone had trimmed the brim on their Fed IV, but that was quite some time ago and I couldn't possibly direct you to any examples.

On both of my Fed IVs the back of the brims developed some upward brim curl after I'd shaped them and began to wear them, but neither is as pronounced as the brim of my Campdraft nor do they have the "snap down, snap up" quality of the Campdraft brim; you'd probably have to have it re-flanged for that.

xbeatles4x

One of the Regulars
Ok now this is just weird. The other day I was caught in a terrible rain storm. My hat got soaked pretty good. I kept wearing it and it dried ok. I took it off when I got home and let it dry for the next 2 days. When I finally re-put it back on it felt pretty snug and good. Over the course of wearing it for a day or two it went right back to feeling just a tad slightly large. What does this mean?

Lije Baley

New in Town
Ok now this is just weird. The other day I was caught in a terrible rain storm. My hat got soaked pretty good. I kept wearing it and it dried ok. I took it off when I got home and let it dry for the next 2 days. When I finally re-put it back on it felt pretty snug and good. Over the course of wearing it for a day or two it went right back to feeling just a tad slightly large. What does this mean?

Perhaps your head is shrinking????:rain::yo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran