Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love this gown.... anyone got $3K?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
While it is a gorgeous gown and a designer one at that, nearly $4,000 for a gown with several holes and a tear is a bit much.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
That's what I thought too Kami.. and it seems so easy to reproduce! I like it because it looks to be Titanic inspired.
Nikki

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gorgeous

and any seamstress worth her salt could probably make it for you for around $600 - and it would fit you and be in new condition! That is hideously overpriced.

lyburnum

Practically Family
The prices on that site are absurd. Some of the pieces (like the IKE dress) I can imagine going in a collectors pieces, but pfft, $4000 for a holey dress? And I thought poshgirlvintage was expensive!

Mojito

One Too Many
I love Deborah's stock! She really does love vintage, and is a delight to deal with. Certainly not cheap (it's more "book" price than bargain), but she's very accommodating with layaway, which is how I bought my favourite beaded flapper dress from her. I've grown to love it more since I purchased it, and have just bought a pretty boudoir cap from her.

A lovely, graceful dress.

Mojito

One Too Many
I'll have to defer to your expertise on that one, Kitty - it's not my era or a designer I know anything about :) It's her flapper dresses that delight me, and she's within the of the retail range for French beaded gowns of the quality she sells (book price, that is - at the high end). I prefer to pay less of course, and have lucked out with dresses a quarter of the price that are nearly identical, but they were fortunate finds. Unfortunately, here in Australia I don't have many opportunities to hunt around in person for what I'm after - the tyranny of distance! - so I'm willing to pay a bit more for something I fall head over heels for. There are a few sites like that - Vintage Textile and The Frock spring to mind.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Last night I was just drawing up a design for a gown made out of this gorgeous bronze colored silk georgette fabric I found.. and it looks almost EXACTLY that green one except it's a one shoulder number with braided details on the strap and under the bust and has no flowers. Now I have some great inspiration to look at for the bottom of the skirt!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous dress and it would look stunning on you with your hair color, Nikki. Clearly, it should be yours!

I love that vendor's writing style--very breezy. I check that site for inspiration all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy