I not selling just a comment

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jonbuilder, Jan 23, 2021.

1. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Why some many comments here, I am glad this jacket does not fit me? I feel this comment misses the point of seeking cool jackets here at fair prices, deals you will be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. If I see a jacket I would like to own at an attractive price here and the size does not work I am disappointed

tweedydon likes this.
  2. GW KY

GW KY A-List Customer

Glad so they are saving the money from buying if it fit maybe?

Or the stress of deciding haha

3. Fiver64

Fiver64 A-List Customer

I really do think that such comments are intended as compliments. Like saying, "such a nice jacket, I'd have to buy it if it fit me."

Edward, Ormazd, Claybertrand and 4 others like this.
  4. Just Daniel

Just Daniel One Too Many

sometimes they are also just giving the sale a bump up the line of sale threads.

Edward, dannyk, Monitor and 2 others like this.
  5. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

Well I'm tempted to reply that way a lot but don't. Particularly with ton's sales! If we were same size I would have spent some serious coin and have a whole rack of his jackets lol

6. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

Showing interest may increase the chance of sell. At least better than 0 comments. lol

Ormazd, tmitchell59, Monitor and 2 others like this.
  7. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

It’s “if this fit me I’d be forced to buy it” 1000% a compliment

Edward, Spiney, Ormazd and 5 others like this.
  8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

No mystery there. I am often glad when I see something really cool which doesn't fit. Just means I won't be tempted to blow money on an umpteenth jacket I wont get a chance to wear anyway.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Edward, Claybertrand and Mandarin like this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor

Interesting you're interpreting it that way, Jon, but the thought that it's about disappointment never once crossed my mind.
    I mean, I can see your point now but... It's just a very nice way of saying how much someone loves a jacket being sold, despite the fact that they cannot wear it. Personally, the type of comment I love to see. It's well intended, useful as it bumps the sale thread to the top & shows that there's an interest toward an item, especially if said by an a long time member. And ultimately, it's the truth.

10. Rgcards

Rgcards Familiar Face

It's to reflect the fact that you can put the money you would have spent on the jacket towards saving for college!