Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I remember when.....

Trixie

One of the Regulars
I remember:
TVs having three channels
Fireworks when they were dangerous and legal and everyone had them
When someone pumped your gas for you
Women smoking and drinking when they were pregnant
Having to come in when the street lights came on
Pong and a few years ago I worked with one of the guys who invented it (I also remember following him around like a crazed groupie but I’m getting off track....)

martinsantos

Practically Family
Liberdade blocks stopped in XIXth Century. There are some very interesting places and legends around, specially about ghosts and so on (near Liberdade Avenue was the very first cemetary in SP, from XVIth Century). But near the Court and these streets I told about is where you can find the 30s to 50s buildings.

Fico feliz que tenha gostado daqui, e que em breve apareça novamente!

Sim, Liberdade! I did enjoy it, Martin, although I liked who was showing me it even better (amiga brasileira)...I don't recall the names of those streets, but I did see the XIX century buildings with balconies and such.

They make bigger sets than that? Gee whiz, and I thought I had the biggest TV money could buy in my living room!
GEDC0818.jpg

I've posted pics of the place since I repainted it. I had no choice but to paint as most of it had already been painted, in flat paint, blood red. Just awful. I've painted a lot of homes and think I did a pretty good job lol

Actually, if done right, with a some redecorating, and removal of the shag carpet, it looks pretty good.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Was thinking back to my childhood today, and thought of our kitchen wallpaper, that stuff with all the kitchen utensils printed on it. Remember that?

I do remember that, our was in colors of brown, orange, and beige if memory serves me right. Mom had the orange tupperware canisters on the counter, just like the green ones I've seen in one of your pictures Tom.
Hey, how'd you know what the wallpaper was like in mom's kitchen? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy