Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure...

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
I have recently become an everyday hat wearer. Now that I am wearing hats daily I find that my taste in hats is changing.

My first 'everyday hat' was an Akubra Hampton (Cedar Brown) which I wear with a suit during the week. I since picked up a fawn Hampton.

Now I often think the Hampton is too stingy and prefer wearing a fawn Stylemaster or fawn Banjo Paterson (with a thin CD style ribbon and fedora style turned up back brim).

I have sold a few hats that I can't see myself wearing. Either because they looked better on screen or in my mind then they did when I actually tried them on (the pitfall of online shopping) or I have just changed my mind and don't like them on me anymore.

As daily hat wearers did you eventually find hat(s) that you keep going back to? Or have I finally uncovered the secret to why we're all on this forum?

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
"But now I'm not so sure" :rolleyes:.....I don't wear a hat everyday but even so I soon get fed up with them, I've only got half a dozen at the mo but fortunately I'm financially constrained (thankyou daughter :p) so I'm limited as to what I can buy, otherwise I'd have a room full of hats that I didn't like anymore.:D....whenever I see a hat & think " That's just what I need to make my life complete"...I wait a few days & the urge usually passes......but not always.:D
Sorry, what was the question again ? :rolleyes:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
There are a lot of hats I keep wearing more than others. I think some don't see the daylight for a year... must do a two month wearing a different hat every day :rolleyes:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I keep going back to fedoras, mostly. But I like wearing western hats at least once a week, too. When it's hot I like a Panama straw from Ecuador or this nice vintage Milan I picked up. My problem now isn't so much the hats, but trying to get together the clothes to go along with the hats...

I have found, though, that the more I pay attention to different types of hats that my tastes have changed a bit. In the past I was adamant about not wearing bowlers, derbies and homburg hats, as well as some western hats. Now I find myself appreciating the varied styles more and can see my way to wearing them, if the opportunity presents itself and I have the cash to buy the right hat.

It just takes $$$$ :)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I have recently become an everyday hat wearer. Now that I am wearing hats daily I find that my taste in hats is changing.

My first 'everyday hat' was an Akubra Hampton (Cedar Brown) which I wear with a suit during the week. I since picked up a fawn Hampton.

Now I often think the Hampton is too stingy and prefer wearing a fawn Stylemaster or fawn Banjo Paterson (with a thin CD style ribbon and fedora style turned up back brim).

I have sold a few hats that I can't see myself wearing. Either because they looked better on screen or in my mind then they did when I actually tried them on (the pitfall of online shopping) or I have just changed my mind and don't like them on me anymore.

As daily hat wearers did you eventually find hat(s) that you keep going back to? Or have I finally uncovered the secret to why we're all on this forum?

We all have been bitten by the hat bug. You may find as you buy and sell, looking for that next "fix", you may regret selling a hat or two that you loved but wanted something newer or different....

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I think many of us walk that same path. You get into your hat groove and mostly settle on a crown height and brim width that you like when you look in the mirror. BUT I'm not so sure that any of us with more than one hat doesn't often get 10 miles away from the house and think we should have worn that other hat.
Then there is the nagging itch to buy that hat just like that one you saw on someone's head in a photo on this site just the other day.

I've gradually moved towards larger brims, but still keep a few stingies around for good measure. You can pry my Optimo from my cold, dead hands!
Indeed! My Cav stingy is in the regular rotation...
29419348541_42fdd60d77_z.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have found that regardless of the style or type of hat, I have a set few that are my go-to's.

I have also stopped buying hats willy-nilly, as I have only a few styles that I like best, and have enough examples of them (believe it or not). That being said, watch me see or find something new or new-to-me. haha

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There are a lot of hats I keep wearing more than others. I think some don't see the daylight for a year... must do a two month wearing a different hat every day :rolleyes:
That's me exactly, only for me it's tropical and topical shirts. I could wear a different one every day for two to three months and still not get through them all. Yet when Tina, my wife, is making yet another shirt, I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner