Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I tried on my first Real McCoy A2 today. How does it fit?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In contrast, the US Navy jackets had an extremely flattering pattern, beefy goatskin, action back and underarm footballs, etc. So it’s not just a wartime vs peacetime thing. This is why I suggest an A-2 style ANJ-3 for those who want the A-2 look with a much more flattering and comfortable pattern.
I completely agree. The G-1/ANJ-3 are light years ahead of the A-2 when it comes to form and function.
I’m an electrician and I wear almost all of my leather jackets to work when I receive them. I have found that the G-1 is far and away the most comfortable jacket to work and move around in.

Aloysius

I completely agree. The G-1/ANJ-3 are light years ahead of the A-2 when it comes to form and function.
I’m an electrician and I wear almost all of my leather jackets to work when I receive them. I have found that the G-1 is far and away the most comfortable jacket to work and move around in.

I expect that's part of the reason it's pretty much never left service since the M422a.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Cheers mate.
I‘ll repeat what I said before. It‘s a good looking A2 that fits you just as an A2 fits by design. If anything, try a size up for more comfort.

I would disregard any comment that implies an A2 should be a skin-tight jacket like a board racer. I liked that car comparison someone made earlier. You don‘t go and buy a SUV and measure it by a sportscars standards. Different dsigns for different purposes.

I own two A2s and I wear them a lot, it‘s no style that puts your physique on display, but it‘s a style that is easy to pull off, comfortable in the right size and easy to match to both jeans and t-shirt or wool trousers and a shirt, it‘s a very versatile jacket and time-tested design that will never get you odd looks, very much unlike some biker jacket designs, no matter how well they are fitted.

Honestly, go back to that store and buy that jacket, you clearly loved it when you first put it on and ultimately that is all that matters.

Rawky

One of the Regulars
I‘ll repeat what I said before. It‘s a good looking A2 that fits you just as an A2 fits by design. If anything, try a size up for more comfort.

I would disregard any comment that implies an A2 should be a skin-tight jacket like a board racer. I liked that car comparison someone made earlier. You don‘t go and buy a SUV and measure it by a sportscars standards. Different dsigns for different purposes.

I own two A2s and I wear them a lot, it‘s no style that puts your physique on display, but it‘s a style that is easy to pull off, comfortable in the right size and easy to match to both jeans and t-shirt or wool trousers and a shirt, it‘s a very versatile jacket and time-tested design that will never get you odd looks, very much unlike some biker jacket designs, no matter how well they are fitted.

Honestly, go back to that store and buy that jacket, you clearly loved it when you first put it on and ultimately that is all that matters.

Thank you.

I confess that I do own a Cooper Sportswear which I picked up from eBay for £20. It's a size down and more trim fitting, but I don't find it uncomfortable. It's snug but I quite like that. Here's me with it showing off my new Red Wings.

IMG_2895.JPG

I guess I was allured by the "fanciness" and prestige that is RMC. There's no doubt the quality of the leather I wore was stunning. But it is a lot of money, so it's a decision not to take lightly.

Even I have to admit this looks good. If this is the same jacket from your previous post, these pics definitely do it more justice.

Now hear me out….I took the liberty of subtracting roughly 2” from the gut. IMO the material is unnecessary as these don’t have handwarmers and don’t need to spread out across the midsection for you to access those types of pockets. It’s a small difference to be sure but I think with a trimmed gut like this I’d likely have one myself, or at least a civi version like the Happy days jacket. The excess baggage at that waist certainly doesn’t actually d mobility (I don’t think?).
0091686E-B3CF-4930-970A-6D0B11437231.jpeg

72A56062-1C2A-47B1-96AB-961AAD81257D.jpeg

Of course there’s always the possibility that I am overthinking it but after 8 million jackets, it’s hard not to. And again, as it stands, it does look good.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Discussions like this one makes it hard for me to understand if people say,

This doesn´t fit you."

or rather,

"I don´t like the look of an A2 in general, so I will say, I don´t like how it looks on you.".

Even "fit" is highly subjective (TFL taught me to size down only for me to appreciate slightly fuller cuts in the very near past all over again), but if style-preferences come into play things get really muddy.

OP asked, so I guess he got what he deserved, but I concur that this is a somewhat tough crowd today...:)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Even I have to admit this looks good. If this is the same jacket from your previous post, these pics definitely do it more justice.

Now hear me out….I took the liberty of subtracting roughly 2” from the gut. IMO the material is unnecessary as these don’t have handwarmers and don’t need to spread out across the midsection for you to access those types of pockets. It’s a small difference to be sure but I think with a trimmed gut like this I’d likely have one myself, or at least a civi version like the Happy days jacket. The excess baggage at that waist certainly doesn’t actually d mobility (I don’t think?).
View attachment 448471
View attachment 448472
Of course there’s always the possibility that I am overthinking it but after 8 million jackets, it’s hard not to. And again, as it stands, it does look good.
Different jacket. This is A2 number 4. Took that many to get the fit i wanted. This is an eastman. I’m at least tfl owner #3 (^tom71). On paper the numbers are too big but irl i like the results. Grab and go fit (And the grain!!!!!). @Tom71 i agree with you. I’ve come full circle and gone with fuller cuts. That’s why the Schott i was after was the 118. I’m about able to post in the over 50 thread. I want my jackets to have room for big lunches.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6357.JPG

My repro A2 vs modern bomber hoodie. Modern bombers measures bigger by an inch in most places but fits trimmer than the A2 repro I have.

I don't have a problem with OP's RMC fit. If anything it's probably a little tight at the shoulders, so he is getting those \ / creases up top. But if he go up a size then the lower torso will bag out like mine. This is just how leather jackets with knits are. I think making them shorter in the torso helps, like my modern bomber. But the stomach roll is inevitable. Rock it with pride!

I do have a small issue with spending big bucks on A2 style jackets. To me they are easier and cost a lot less to produce than say a biker jacket or a trucker jacket. And the knits will need to get replaced a few times which adds to the cost. For me, my top dollars budget goes to motorcycle jackets, then half belts and other civilian jackets (like trucker jackets), and the bombers like A1 A2 G1...etc. I would not want to spend as much on as the other styles.

MrProper

View attachment 448524
View attachment 448525
My repro A2 vs modern bomber hoodie. Modern bombers measures bigger by an inch in most places but fits trimmer than the A2 repro I have.

I don't have a problem with OP's RMC fit. If anything it's probably a little tight at the shoulders, so he is getting those \ / creases up top. But if he go up a size then the lower torso will bag out like mine. This is just how leather jackets with knits are. I think making them shorter in the torso helps, like my modern bomber. But the stomach roll is inevitable. Rock it with pride!

I do have a small issue with spending big bucks on A2 style jackets. To me they are easier and cost a lot less to produce than say a biker jacket or a trucker jacket. And the knits will need to get replaced a few times which adds to the cost. For me, my top dollars budget goes to motorcycle jackets, then half belts and other civilian jackets (like trucker jackets), and the bombers like A1 A2 G1...etc. I would not want to spend as much on as the other styles.
The fashion bomber lacks the patch pockets and that alone makes the jacket fall better.
And it is shorter as well. Looks for my taste definitely better than your A-2.
The patch pockets just let almost everyone (including me) look like a ton.
B41F67C2-8584-4077-B26E-22C1260C5BC8.jpeg
A8495B48-55DB-412D-8A84-0C58344389FE.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk