Shinki A-2 from RMC

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Solo, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

I think you’re absolutely right. It is the high armhole that’s brings the shoulder closer when i zip up. It’s the same feeling i had when i first got my Board Racer, although it now has relaxed quite a bit. This A2 is actually a lot more comfy than how the BR was.

2. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

Walking into the RMC will be like a starving kid wandering into a candy store for me. :) My Shinki has lost much of its shine. I think it’s the acrylic coating they put on, but they have become more muted and distressed, especially on the sleeves. Shinki creases very differently than Vicenza or Horween. Really like that unique character.

3. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

Contrary to what I used to believe, I now think A2s were really for slender folks with 6-7” drops. The shoulder/torso ratio is what really determines the overall look of the jacket. I am glad I am a bit height challenged, but I haven’t seen many A2s that look good on taller folks as the jacket is cut quite short. I also found the RMC A2s at least 1” shoulder on the sleeves which is perfect. Most RW and Dubow cuts I’ve tried, the sleeves were just too long. I see why most die-hard A2 fans go custom with Aero or GW.

And yes, this Shinki is on the more matte side with little shine. It also has lost quite a bit of that acrylic shine which i like. The reason why I went with the RMC was that it was the only manufacturer that offered the darker seal. Tried a several russet and didn’t quite work for me.

4. kojax

kojax Practically Family

this is my hilts a2 toys mccoy jacket size 38 few pictures taken for my comp cam

Attached Files:

AbbaDatDeHat and Solo like this.
  5. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

Looks awesome, there. What are the measurements of your jacket?

6. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Thanks! Unfortunately, I weightlifted myself out of my A2 and had to sell it, but I may grab another one down the road.

Solo likes this.
  7. kojax

kojax Practically Family

my a2 hilts toy mccoy jacket chest size pit to pit 19 inches shoulder 17 inches sleeve 29 center back 23

Attached Files:

Solo likes this.
  8. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think the fit is perfect but the real icing on the cake is the colour of the knits in contrast to the dark seal leather.

Solo and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  9. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

Very similar to mine at 17" shoulder, 20" pit, 24" sleeve and back. These measurements typically equate to 36+ on the typical rough wear cut.

10. HighandDry

HighandDry A-List Customer

Solo, what would be your typical jacket measurements?

11. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

I wear loose 36 or trim 38. My chest measures at 37”. My typical jacket is 17” shoulder, 19” pit, 18” waist, 27-28” length, 23.5” sleeve. So my A2 is literally my suit jacket size except for the back length at 24”.

12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

As many have said here, the average guy wearing an A2 in 1942 was likely to be early twenties, around 5 ft 8 and 130 pounds.

13. Solo

Solo Familiar Face

A few more photos of the Shinki goodness! Lighting makes all the difference.
    6330P-A2.jpg 6330P-A2-2.jpg 6330P-A2-3.jpg

Arizor, Tusche, Dav and 1 other person like this.
  14. kojax

kojax Practically Family

fit looks right on

Solo likes this.
  15. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Shinki rocks all day and night...

Solo likes this.
  16. breezer

breezer Practically Family

good jacket
    good fit pics