Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I would like to ask a favor of the ladies

Viviene

Vendor
As I have said on a few occasions, I own an internet based vintage store. I would like for the ladies of the powder room to critique my store if you would be so kind to do so. I'm always trying to make my store better. I've had a few sales at my new location but would like to do better. I'm not going to post a link here because I'm not sure that is allowed. If someone will let me know if it is okay then I will do so after I've been given the okay.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I would be happy to critique your store. You can PM me with your link if you want. I, too, have a web-based business, but not with vintage clothes--still along the "vintage" line--I make vintage wood signs. My business has finally picked up and I think it was because I re-vamped my website. The important thing is to make it as consumer-friendly as possible and easy to navigate. I'm always looking for some neat vintage stuff, so I hope I can check out your store soon.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like to see your store too. I'm always on the lookout for vintage goodies. Send me a PM with the link, but I am under the impression that you can post a link to your store in the classified section of the lounge.

Viviene

Vendor
Miss Neecerie said:
Viviene,

You can add a website to your signature or post it in the classified section, if you would like. Both of those are acceptable by the FL rules.

Thank you very much! I did try to PM the ladies but was unable to so I have changed my signature to add my webpage. It is just a portal page that tells you where my place is. No selling goes on there directly. It has links and a me page of sorts. Thanks again for being so welcoming. :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Viviene said:
Thank you very much! I did try to PM the ladies but was unable to so I have changed my signature to add my webpage. It is just a portal page that tells you where my place is. No selling goes on there directly. It has links and a me page of sorts. Thanks again for being so welcoming. :)

Oh, thats right, you need 15 posts to PM...so two more for you to go!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Vivienne,
I just loved your site! I'm interested in the vintage navy blue woven wool coat. What are the measurements for it? I didn't see any--unless my eyes deceived me. I love those fur-collar wool coats. But the ones I've seen around here have been attacked by moths and the wool has a lot of "bites" on them. Will you be periodically adding new stuff? I'm going to bookmark your website and check back often!

Viviene

Vendor
Thanks for catching that. I had the measurements in but failed to have the chart added to my listing. It is fixed now if you would like to take a look. I've been very lucky finding things with no moth bites. I do add things all the time. As a matter of fact I'm working on some things right now getting the pictures edited and doing the write ups. I just recently came across some mens hats so I'm working on getting them in the store now. I thank you for taking a look and also for the compliments.

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
It might be nice to categorize the items by decade. You were very careful to approximate the decades on each item, but I didn't find a way to weed out the 60s and later. Oh...and maybe a "Viewing page 1 of 9,862" so I know when I should quit hitting "Next" and search by category.

Still...I added it to "My Favorites" :)

Viviene

Vendor
Thanks very much for the suggestions. The owners of the site are working on page enumeration at this very moment. There are lots of improvements to the site every week. The store owners at Main Street are able to have a lively discussion with the owners and get lots of things fine tuned.

Just as a suggestion, if you go to the main site, Main Street Vintage, there is a search function on the very first page. If you search by decade, i.e. 1940s, 40s, 40's or 1940's, the search brings up anything that has one of those items in it. One of my 1970s dresses comes up in that search because the designer of the dress started out back in the 1940s. There are more shops there than mine so feel free to take a look around. We are all Ebayers who spread our wings out a bit. Thanks again. :)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Oooh! Viviene--you have a lot of really cute things on the site! I'm really impressed and plan to return once my funds become a bit more flush.

Foofoogal

Banned
Nice site. I am about 50/50 on deciding to open a just vintage clothing shop on Main Street vs another mall.
If you get a moment will you go to my site and email me from there about your experience? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks. Sandy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany