Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I would love to have this sort of summer suit but what shoes would go with it?

CharlesB

Suspended
men-apparel-768-zoom.jpg

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Black plain toe oxfords perhaps. Would make for an interesting contrast.

But then again, I'm wierd and cheap.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
You could wear a pretty huge range with that combination- I'd probably go with white or off-white plain-toe bucs, saddle shoes, cordovan/tan/brown plaintoes, loafers, wingtips, maybe even monkstraps. If you wanted to go more formal, black cap toes or plaintoes? If it was casual enough, you could wear boat shoes or keds. I think spectators would make the look a little dorky.

JimInSoCalif

One of the Regulars
White bucks, spectators, saddle shoes, penny loafers or most any casual slip-on, and many lace-ups.

A blue blazer is very versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the shirt, tie, trousers, and shoes that you combine it with. I would wear that outfit with a button down shirt but a straight collar as shown is fine too.

A blue blazer is between a suit and a sport coat in formality.

Cheers, Jim.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
I would probably favour mid-brown or tan shoes, probably nothing quite as formal as a captoe - an Oxford/semi-brogue, perhaps.

Picture312.jpg

If I were by the sea, probably white buckskin Oxfords, as others have suggested.

Picture253.jpg

Most things on the left side of this picture:

Picture308.jpg

or possibly these (if I still had them!):

001.jpg

DerMann

Practically Family
I say, I've been looking for a pair of spectators just like that. I remember seeing them on here a few times, but I can't, for my life, remember the brand.

Who makes those delightful shoes :)

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
DerMann said:
I say, I've been looking for a pair of spectators just like that. I remember seeing them on here a few times, but I can't, for my life, remember the brand.

Who makes those delightful shoes :)

These were Bally's, although I don't know if the style is still available. I liked them too, although not enough to keep them in the end (I have a bias toward English shoes.)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I believe that B&W spectators look really sharp with white slacks. Just a matter of taste, but I would go for slacks with a fuller cut; I like the contrast of a super fitted sportscoat with wide legged trousers.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
OOOPPSS!!
I assumed it was Navy! If it really is black, I may have to reconsider the shoe selcetions I made earlier.
Can you ask the question again??? ;) :eusa_doh: ;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What a great response from the members here!

I'm sure there's a BIG THANKYOU somewhere in here, as you gents as ever have taken up the challenge and pulled out the stops in giving Charles a number of options to think about in accessorising his 'summer look.' :eusa_clap

Well Done gents and thanks so much for going the extra mile to help out a fellow lounger (plus, it was worth reading this thread just to see Anthony's great selection of footwear again ;) ).

CharlesB

Suspended
PADDY said:
I'm sure there's a BIG THANKYOU somewhere in here, as you gents as ever have taken up the challenge and pulled out the stops in giving Charles a number of options to think about in accessorising his 'summer look.' :eusa_clap

Well Done gents and thanks so much for going the extra mile to help out a fellow lounger (plus, it was worth reading this thread just to see Anthony's great selection of footwear again ;) ).
Agreed! Seriously, the only downside to this thread is I'm so going to spend most of my stimulus check on footwear.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
PADDY said:

You're welcome, Paddy. And, of course, some of that great footwear you can now admire every day! ;)

Btw, on the basis of a black blazer my default choices would probably now be black full brogues with fairly bold punching, black Oxford brogues, or black and white co-respondents/spectators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou