Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Cream Parlor Talk

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

• Vanilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chocolate

• Vanilla Fudge

• Strawberry

• Butter Pecan

• Chocolate Chip

• Cherry Vanilla

• Mint

• Coffee

• Other

• Total voters

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
1812.jpg

When I start craving ice cream every day, I know that summer has arrived. Care to share your favorite ice cream stories. Does your town have an old-fashioned soda shop or ice cream parlor? Does the ice cream truck still pass through your neighborhood? About your ice cream selections, are you in the majority and prefer vanilla or do you enjoy something more exciting and adventurous? Even though I'm a chocoholic, I prefer ordinary vanilla soft-serve.

101.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oooh - I looooove ice cream!! I will eat pretty much any flavor and I often am in search of great new or unusual flavors - but vanilla will never let me down! Plus, it tastes great with pie!

This makes me want to go on a road trip to find great ice cream places! We have couple of old stand-by's that can really do the trick here! We always stop at the K's Dairy Delight in Buena Vista, CO. It is the old style from the 50's and it sure makes me smile. I will see if I have a picture anywhere!

lady eel

New in Town
leaette said:
Mint chocolate chip but it has to have the chunks of chocolate. Not chips.

I guess I am too new to vote, but I am the opposite, chocolate chip has to have the flake kind of chips, not chunks

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I LOVE ice cream, so I don't have just one favorite flavor. The ultimate though is vanilla honey lavender from the organic ice cream place near my parent's house in Northern California. There's always a line out the door, but it's amazing!

Hagen Daaz is now making a vanilla honey flavor that's quite similar to the one from the ice cream shop at home, minus the lavender, of course. That probably wouldn't go over well with the mainstream!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I grew up near a Swenson's ice cream shop. My mom used to take us there on Friday afternoons after we went to the library. They made their ice cream right there in the shop. There was a window and you would watch them do it.

Ah, the flavors were amazing. I remember butterscotch marble, black raspberry marble, chocolate caramel turtle, lemon chiffon, peach, and pumpkin in the fall. They also made old fashioned ice cream sodas. When my Mom indulged, she'd have the lemon soda made with the lemon chiffon ice cream. Oh how I miss that shop. It closed when I was 12. :(

Foofoogal

Banned
Funny. My least favs are chocolate chip and cookies and cream and they are honeys favs.

I like neopolitan and butter pecan best. A little of both.
Kroger makes a really good ice cream in the neopolitan IMHO called Private Selection. A bit cheaper than Blue Bell which is the ice cream in Texas it seems.
Had some ice cream today in fact on our porch swing with our 2 grandaughters in the hot sun. I told them life doesn't get any better than sitting on a swing eating ice cream with my GRAND Babies.
They so know how to work me. I need to apologize to my son. I was so much harder on him. lol I honestly cannot remember even how I did it. lol

I love a root beer float also.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I like a good vanilla ice cream. You can tell a lot about the quality of an ice cream shop by their vanilla. Mint chip is an a time favorite. I believe the way to go for a mint chip shake is with vailla syrup instead of chocolate syrup. The vanilla syrup brings out the mint flavour instead of the chocolate flavor. Try it and tell them Wolf said so. ;)

Sincerely,
The Wolf

S

Samsa

Haven gone vegan I've given up traditional ice cream, but there are lots of soy "ice cream" products. The best is Trader Joe's Cherry Chocolate Chip. I must say that ice cream (along with cheese pizza) is the one thing that tempts me to the point of insanity. It being summer it's very hard to pass all the crowded DQs and independent dairy joints and not order soft serve ice cream dipped in chocolate.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Vanilla still tops the charts for me. I'm not too picky though. I've been known to eat pretty much any kind of ice cream. I also like chocolate, mint chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough, rocky road, cookies n' cream, and a dozen other flavors.

Cold Stone is probably the best ice cream place here in Albuquerque. The cake batter ice cream is dangerously great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy