Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Flivver

Practically Family
My all time favorite would have to be the lovely Carole Lombard. But close runners up would include Barbara Stanwyck, Clara Bow and Colleen Moore. I guess it's wise cracking dames and flappers for me!

But then there are Harold Lloyd's leading ladies Jobyna Ralston and Mildred Davis...Too many to choose from!

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
1. Myrna Loy...What a lady, even Robert Mitchum behaved himself around her.
2. Mary Astor...I'd love to read her diary. ;)
3. Jean Arthur. The kind of actress I fall for again and again.

Earp

One of the Regulars
My vote is for the very lovely Priscilla Lane.
The first time I ever saw her was many years ago in the movie "Arsenic And Old Lace" with Cary Grant.
A closeup, she smiled, and she looked so beautiful she made my stomach hurt! :)

priscilla1.jpg

priscilla3.jpg

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Don't know if Mae Clarke has been included in this yet (20 pages and counting!), but if she's gonna be looking like this, then the grapefruit stays on the plate!

0729140615.jpg

Hondo

One Too Many
Get dizzy

Private Eye said:
Thanks for the correction. I got the right dame, just the wrong flick. I meant, Veronica Lake in "I Married a Witch" (1942) A sappy movie, but what a woman! She makes me dizzy.

3912_0179.jpg

If you enjoyed that one you have not seen “Sullivan's Travels - Criterion Collection (1941)” She is really glorious and fun in that, come to think of it, I am STILL waiting for “ I Married a Witch” and “The Blue Dahlia” to come out in DVD, and not PAL format :mad:

Haversack

One Too Many
Veronica Lake is also displayed to good effect in the early-war propaganda/Paramount Studio satire, _Star Spangled Rhythm_. In her brief part, she plays herself and wears a slinky black catsuit. In the song she sings with Dorothy Lamour and Paulette Goddard, "A Sweater, a Sarong, and Peek-a-boo Bang", she ends up being played in drag by Sterling Holloway. (the voice of Disney's Winnie the Pooh).

Haversack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21