Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Bugguy

Practically Family
Continuing thread resuscitation... I've been partial to Ingrid Bergman, sweetheart of the WW II 82nd Airborne!

Scan.jpeg

From my late father's WWII scrap book kept by his sister when he was overseas.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You would have to be a real fan of dancing to know who this is:
ginger.jpg
But if you saw her with her dance partner................
ginger & fred.jpg
The lady who did everything her partner did, backwards, in high heels.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Continuing thread resuscitation... I've been partial to Ingrid Bergman

Rick made the correct call in Casablanca. Heroic, self-sacrificing, no pause-for-the-cause guy that he was.

Me, myself, and I-no way I am giving up Illsa. The hell with the script.
I'd whisk her off to Dublin, no twowaysaboutiteither. Red meat, hard liquor, and soft beautiful Ingrid Bergman.;)

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I just came across this thread while browsing through the FL. If the Golden Era is primarily the 1920s and 1930s then based exclusively on physical appearance and the movie personna I would go with Jean Harlow and Louise Brooks.

For what it is worth (probably nothing), one thing I did not care for with regard to Audrey Hepburn was that she smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day. She was a very attractive women but the cigarettes are a deal killer for me.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
For what it is worth (probably nothing), one thing I did not care for with regard to Audrey Hepburn was that she smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day. She was a very attractive women but the cigarettes are a deal killer for me.

My mother died from cigarette addiction emphysema at sixty years age, just as the grandchildren were
beginning to appear on scene and she knew she would miss a great deal. She started smoking in high school
and the habit stuck like glue until she passed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ