Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Just one pick? Surely not. A few ladies I adore!

Margaret Nolan
94h3ndalb06999hb.jpg

12892-8034.gif

Bettie Page
bettie2.jpg

There are so many lovely ladies form the golden era. I love Gene Tierney also, and Kim Novak was striking.

Novak1.jpg

X
BD

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
My Golden Era Female

My favorite girl of the Golden Era is not an actress but she did do a sort of pin up. Her name was Nannie Lou Lancaster. In 1950 she married a handsome Army Air Force veteran by the name of Asa McDonald Russ. He called her Nan Lou, but I always called her Mama. She passed away in December of 2010. I sorely miss her.

Engagement Photo 1950
NanLancasterRuss.jpg

Pinup from approx 1948
Nan6.jpg

Wedding Portrait August 1950
Nan7.jpg

Mom and Dad's Wedding August 1950
047.jpg
=GG=

Last edited:

Rathdown

Practically Family
Possibly 30' and 40's film star Marika Rokk (sorry Marika, I can't do an umlaut in Rokk), the German Ginger Rogers.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
definitely Darnell.:love:
Oh yeeaah. Linda was just dreamy. Lovely picture too. :)

3wuacw6xj7mrgt.jpg

Didnt know this until today:

Notorious for her unstable personal life, Darnell was incapable of dealing with Hollywood, and landed in a downward spiral of alcoholism, unsuccessful marriages and highly publicized or scandalous affairs.She failed to receive recognition from the industry and its critics, and disappeared from the screen in the 1950s. Darnell died from burns sustained in a house fire.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters