Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
ive always thought anette hanshaw was very beautiful :) dont know if anyone here mentioned her

oh btw im new here, hello to anyone i havent been introduced to yet

Hanshaw2.jpg

Sharon

New in Town
Hi Matt~

Yes, Emma Peel just had a presence that was dynamic and classy...so very confident...really before her time. If you have a photo of her in the Avengers Costume then that would really give a good feel for who she portrayed. I'll look around for a photo of her.

Sharon

Hondo

One Too Many
Welcome skwerl-hat & Sharon :)

Skwer-hat how did you find out about Anette Hanshaw? there are just so many forgotten silverscreen stars from yesterday, I will have to dig info on her, thats really neat.

Sharon is that really you? you remind me of Veronica Lake ;)
I am play'n with ya, hee, hee, she great :cool:

nicolasb

Familiar Face
Surprised we've not had a few more votes for Lana Turner, Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich ("It took more zan vun men to chenge my name to Sheng Hai Lilluh").

And not a mention of Esther Williams, either?

I'm not sure who my favourite 30s and 40s sex symbol is - I tend to be more drawn to the post-war/50s bombshell look - Marilyn Monroe, Diana Dors, Anita Ekberg (drool).

And how about Jessica Rabbit? :) According to one of the animators "the figure is Rita Hayworth, the hair is Veronica Lake, and the attitude is Lauren Bacall" - and, of course, the voice was Kathleen Turner at her most vampish. ("You got me all wrong, Eddie - I'm not bad, I'm just... drawn that way.")

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My fizzy Ginger-ade romance from 1938..!!

THE things I have lurking in my old sports bag! Totally forgotten that sun-kissed day when myself and Ginger worked up a sweat on the Tennis Court and then nipped down to the Brown Derby to chill-out! Gosh, fellas, can I tell you we really turned a few heads that day. Folk must have been whispering, "What's a gal like Ginger Rogers doing in tow with a schmuck like Paddy Middleton?..!!"
4-2.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ginger is one of my tops! She has popped up on this thread many times!

She had such charm in her movies and I also really enjoy her singing too!

Here's a real early one for you guys. This I would say is from 1930 or earlier.

rogersearly1tt.jpg

Lana was also mentioned, I like her early work lots!

lanaturner6on.jpg

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Boy, this thread sure died. I guess we talked about all the ladies we admire from the golden era.

Ok, till some one surprises me with some one else here is a photo of Myrna Loy I really enjoy.

Root.
myrna9yg.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
She really had a look didn't she. Her and Ginger Rogers are my two top from the era.

She really had moxie in the "Thin Man" movies! Her and William really had what it takes.

Root.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
My husband votes for Jean Phelps-Vellos from Groovie Movie.She's still a doll today and ourfave dancer!
I have to second that opinion!!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Jean Veloz

I love her! I have danced with her on a few ocations. I almost cryed to the fact that I was dancing with some one who danced in Groovie Movie! I felt my self feeling like Arthur Walsh! She's such a sweet lady and just so happy that a part of our generation embraces this form of style and dance.

WR.

One girl and two boys....
untitled1copy2ua.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points