Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I Wasn't Vintage, I'd be...

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
I was tempted to answer "naked," but I can't really consider myself to be vintage in the first place. If I did not dress the way I do now, I would most likely go back to looking like what many would call a punk.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
modern primitive.

i gave up on growing dreads and stretching my earlobes when i was headhunted for law enforcement.

being beardless, with short hair and a suit, old friends/coworkers have walked right by me.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
ditto...

though I dressed vintage-inspired anyway before I got into wearing vintage clothing, now almost three months ago. Modern clothing and worse yet, "retro" clothing is for the most part extremely boring...

Marc Chevalier said:
I'd be normal. (*shudders*)

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
DerMann said:
I'm sorry, it had to be done.

lol I like that hahahaha.

Lotta Little said:
Hmmm, I guess Goth? I love The Cure, I look good in black, and I own a pair of spiderweb tights. I have to draw the line at filing my cuspids into points, though.
Oh cool, i always get a chuckle when i see Robert Smith do his little dancelol . My favorite Goth band is probably The Lords of The New Church or the Sisters of Mercy (even tho Eldritch says they arent really goth).

pigeon toe said:
I love metal too! I'm pretty new to it, but I'm dating a fella who is teaching me lots and I'm loving it!

Now that I think about it, I'd probably dress more psychobilly. When I'm feeling too lazy for vintage and don't have to go to work that day, that's usually how I look.

:) In the way ive been dressing in the past few years, i dont look like i would be a metal-head. But im actually a suit with a punk rock/metal-head mentality.

i_am_the_scruff said:
He's not the only other one, add me to that list :)

Its good to see more hard rock/metal fans here.

These Musicians are some of my Metal Influences:
Dave-Mustaine-1983.jpg

Dave Mustaine (One of the founders of Thrash/Speed Metal. One of the original Metallica members and the creative force behind Megadeth. This man is one of the reasons why i got into metal when i was a kid)

ministry-al.jpg

Al Jourgensen (The brain behind the band Ministry and the godfather of industrial metal)

mar.jpg

Marty Friedman ( neo-classical/speed metal musician and ex-Megadeth guitarist 1990 - 2000)

Cpoland.jpg

Chris Poland (Jazz/Fusion and thrash/speed metal musician and Ex-Megadeth guitarist 1984 - 1987)

May.jpg

Brian May (Guitarist of the band Queen, who invented his own guitar and sound...Many might not consider May as a metal guitarist, but "Stone Cold Crazy" is probably the earliest Speed Metal song.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
Twee! I still am, on the inside ;)
66377_10_3_2007_10_05_09_PM_-_Isobel_Press_Photo_1_BW_72.jpg

Isobel
FoldYourHandsChildCover.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60nQZrcCVs
Amelia
l_f1c1a054086dfc502e7596424f4d14f5.jpg

Me
Twee is wimpy, nerdy, innocent, childish, conservative, shy 80s-early 90s flirting with 60s mod, with a twist of androgyny.
P.S. I can't link properly to youtube clips! So you'll just have to click on the Amelia link.
Aww I looove Belle and Sebastian! It is definitely an appealing look too. I was trying to think of a way to describe indie but cuter and more feminine and I completely forgot about twee :)

Spiffy said:
I like old cars, explosions, PBR, and cigars. I study in a male-dominated industry, and like to shoot things.
Oh my stars. I would totally be my grandfather.
Which I guess is still vintage. *shakes fists at heavens in frustration*

Wow, small world!
I have 2 old cars
Host a big fireworks show at my summer house every year.
Drink PBR like a fish and have the second biggest Pre-Prohibition/Prohibition Era Pabst Collection in the State of Wisconsin, home of Pabst of course.
And smoke cigars, even if they're cheapie swisher sweets.
And my dad owns a gun store.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Audrey Horne said:
Aww I looove Belle and Sebastian! It is definitely an appealing look too. I was trying to think of a way to describe indie but cuter and more feminine and I completely forgot about twee :)
Oh, that's so fun to know! :) This forum seems to have it's share of goths, punks, metal-heads, etc... but the only other closeted twee person I know of is ShrinkingViolet! So now there are three of us. shhhhhhhh Tihi!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
Oh, that's so fun to know! :) This forum seems to have it's share of goths, punks, metal-heads, etc... but the only other closeted twee person I know of is ShrinkingViolet! So now there are three of us. shhhhhhhh Tihi!
Isobel always reminds me of Jean Seberg in Breathless. Swoon!
2008310133736_breathless_l.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I don't see why we can't be into these other things and into vintage, too? [huh] I've got lots of things I like and dress like that aren't "vintage"

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I'm with Lauren. I like so many other things. Vintage is the biggest one, yes, but I've still got a little part of every phase I've ever been through still inside me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn