Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I Wasn't Vintage, I'd be...

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I can't see myself as not being vintage, but if it had to be I would be like Jason Stratham's character in the film "The Transporter". Black suit, white shirt and black necktie. I think this is usually too colourless to be tasteful, but it looks good the way he does it. As well dressed as a modern look can be.

Esme

One of the Regulars
Steampunk.

I also could easily go black tops, black skirts/slacks, purple high top Chucks and flashy jewelry! That's sort of makeup artist style, for me. Minimal clothing style to distract, concentrate on makeup/hair/jewelry. I do dress that way quite often.

I also still go suburban mom in jeans, t-shirts and sneakers alot, especially around the house or when gardening, since I have those clothes. Boring, but practical.

JennyLou

Practically Family
If I were not vintage I'd be more of a trekker, wearing t-shirts wit kirk and spock on them and jeans and wearing my starfleet uniform out more often.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'd be this guy. Stale room, stale clothes, stale perspiration, stale breath, stale furniture, stale paper sleeves, stale everything except the sound coming out of the speakers.

B000E6UK9Q.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

As it is, I have to walk a very fine line not to be him.

Of course, IRL, he looks like...one of us.
robert_crumb.jpg

donCarlos

Practically Family
Psychobilly... Well, I kinda´ was, before I went vintage. And before that, I was punk. And I´m really ashamed of that.

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Haha, I am a punk, I would say as much as I am vintage. (but not ashamed!). I dress in pretty recognizable punk uniform-type outfits as well as kind of a new wave/new romantic style (although from what I have read here the 80s aren't particularly liked!). Sometimes I mix aspects of those with a mainstream 50s-early 60s look, and just as frequently do a full vintage look. I have a mohawk but I wear wigs when I want to create a feminine vintage style.

There seems to be frequent crossover.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Warbaby said:
Now let's see some photos of yourselves as what you'd be. Show us your inner rednecks and trekkies.

Ok....here's me in my Next Generation Starfleet uniform holdings some tribbles. I'm proud of my Trekkiness. :p
100_2175.jpg

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
I'd likely still be sporting this style (I'm the one on the left):
n28110887_30173365_5545.jpg

I loved the dreads and sometimes still dream I have them. I have always worn vintage clothing but I haven't always taken it as seriously as I do now.

Tiller

Practically Family
Although I hate the name I'd probably be Steampunk, and probably "preppy" on certain days.

BTW, I don't think it's the 80's that's looked down on, as much as the late 60's- 70's.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
If I wasn't vintage I would still be a loving, caring kind person, and thats really -all- that matters.

All this other stuff...is frosting...and sorry..if the cake is rotten, the prettiest frosting can't make it taste nice again.

What we look like..what we identify with....is the frosting. And I have met some pretty rotten vintage cakes, over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn