Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If Indy and Marion were real people

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
She looks like she could throw one heck of a punch in a bar fight thats for sure. Besides, like Indy said "its not the years, it's the mileage"

I like the hat and the jacket. They look like they could have been the prototypes for the movies.

regards fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
That fedora is a dead ringer for my gray Stetson Whippet. I have no idea what style of jacket that is. It looks like an A-2 with the knit waistband cut off.

Ma Barker!! Does anyone have any real pics of her?? I don't believe I've ever seen any.

regards fedoralover

Originally posted by fedoralover
Ma Barker!! Does anyone have any real pics of her?? I don't believe I've ever seen any.

Geez, you don't ask for much! :eek: There are only two known existing pictures of Ma (Kate "Ma" Barker). This is the one from the FBI. It is not exactly a good picture either. :D See the resemblance? ;)
The FBI also tells us a few things about her. Kate "Ma" Barker and her sons, Herman, Lloyd, Arthur, and Fred teamed up with Alvin Karpis (Wild Root) LOL (whom Fred met in the penitentiary) and several other criminals. The File details the history and early association of the Karpis-Barker gang their criminal careers. Details of the 1934 kidnaping of Edward G. Bremer, a wealthy Minnesota businessman which lead to the gang's capture and the deaths of Kate and Fred Barker.

Regards to all,

J

up196

A-List Customer
Another

Corbis identifies this as Kate "Ma" Barker, but does not identify the man . . .

Re: Another

Originally posted by up196
Corbis identifies this as Kate "Ma" Barker, but does not identify the man . . .

The man could be one of two people that I know of. The first is her first husband George Barker whom she left in 1927. The second man she was photographed with was Arthur Dunlop. Ma, Freddie Barker and Alvin Karpis lived with him from 1931 to 1932. That did not last long because the Barkers had him killed after Dunlop got drunk one night and yabbered on about the gang's operations. His body turns up in Wisconsin's Lake Freasted. :eek:
From the looks of the picture and the age of Ma, I would say the picture is of her and husband George.
See fedoralover. You have now seen the only two surviving pictures of Ma Barker. :D

Regards to all,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
I would say that the jacket on the man in the photo Fedoralover posted would be a Navy issue. And, the waistband looks as if it is tucked up underneath by sitting down for period of time. Look at the collars, they are not an A-2 collar. As for the hat, it looks like a Stetson I have!

Any way, that's funny how this thread turned into another gangster thread. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Root.

Hey! You brought up the fact that she looked like she could pack a punch. LOL I just noticed that she looked like Ma Barker and drew the obvious conclusion. ;)
Anyway, the thread was about pictures so we just got more specific about the pictures. :D What kind of hat do you think George Barker is carrying there? :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy