Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could cast YOURSELF in one goldenera movie...

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Mine would be simple. I'd have to be Jimmy Stuart in Anatomy of a Murder. I think I would fit that role to a T.

I remain sincerely,
Benny K.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I would definitely cast myself in any Three Stooges short! I am sure I would inevitably receive a pie in the kisser...

W. C. Fields the Master!

Absinthe_1900 said:
Easy choice.
uncleclaudeII.jpg
International House!

I'd like to be George Burns or Franklin Pangborn in IH!

Where am I!

Woo Hoo!

Don't let the posey fool you!

Stoopnocracy!

And now the 6 Day bicycle race!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Leads

James T. Austin in The Captive City (written by a close family friend from his own investigate reporting.)
Capt. Queeg in The Caine Mutiny.
Stroud in The Big Clock.
Frank Bigelow in DOA.

Second bananas

Thompson in Citizen Kane.
The mob chief in Joseph Losey's suppressed redo of M.
The Oscar Levant role in basically anything.
The bass saxophone player in Flying Down to Rio.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I would play any of Marcello Mastroianni's parts in either. "A very special day", "Yesterday, today and tomorrow" or "An italian marriage".
sjff_03_img1196.jpg
Why? That's why!

Steve

Practically Family
I'd love to play Ugarte in Casablanca, mainly because I enjoy mimicing Lorre's voice. Of course, the smart thing to do would be to play Laszlo. :p

I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Sebastian (Burgess Meredith) in 'That Uncertain Feeling'. He's such a wonderful cynic. I love when he comes in and says something to the effect of 'The human face is about the ugliest thing on this planet.'

Henry Hill in The Music Man. Not that I could be 1% as good as Robert Preston, but I would be even more maniacal with 'Trouble' Sort of like having Dwight Frye play the role.

C.R. MacNamara (James Cagney) One, Two, Three. That machine gun comic delivery. What a great role.

And of course:

Tommy Udo, Kiss of Death - as I've written before, I started mimicing that laugh at about the age of 12.

Regards,

Senator Jack

GOK

One Too Many
Milady de Winter in the Three Musketeers. I may not look like Lana Turner but I could do that role justice!

Failing that, Laura Jesson (Celia Johnson - Brief Encounter).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran