Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could choose, what city would you like to see crushed by a giant monster?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
If we're going after specific targets I could do without the "Real Housewives" of wherever and the entire Kardashian clan. :D
Ah but I'd be concerned about collateral damage... if a FLY got killed while either of those targets were being smooshed... I'd be hearbroke... I mean c'mon man... neither are worth the life of one living being!!!!!

Worf

PS - My friend Sugi, who used to own the local art house before she sold out to Landmark admitted to me shamefacedly that her guilty pleasure was indeed "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". This woman is practically an idol of mine. She would report back to me from the Toronto Film Festival yearly.... Her recommendations to me were treated as filmic scripture... To hear her admit to watching.... THAT... There IS no Santa....

Worf

...PS - My friend Sugi, who used to own the local art house before she sold out to Landmark admitted to me shamefacedly that her guilty pleasure was indeed "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". This woman is practically an idol of mine. She would report back to me from the Toronto Film Festival yearly.... Her recommendations to me were treated as filmic scripture... To hear her admit to watching.... THAT... There IS no Santa....

Worf

Almost all of us have our guilty watching and reading pleasures - doesn't make us bad people (says the guy who watched and enjoyed every episode of the stupid show "Younger" or the even worse show "Odd Mom Out -" and who's read way too many Clive Cussler books). Sometimes escaping into mindless stuff that somehow catches your attention is what you need to do. (And have I mentioned that I've seen the movie "48 Hours" twenty five times at minimum.)

Separate topic: Just my guess, but I bet you'd enjoy the movie "Our Little Sister" that I posted about earlier today.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
New Orleans.

It could start with a monster eating the monuments.

Oh wait, that was no monster - that was the mayor...

Bartender Edit: Let's stay away from the contemporary politics, please.

:)

Fed

Last edited by a moderator:
Listed these two places in the thread, places I have visited and will not go back. Naples and Algiers are the two most unlivable cities in which I have had the experience of visiting. I would give the people of Algiers fair warning and remove the artifacts from the Naples museums then unleash heck!

I got off a bus in LA in 1983, took a deep breath, and almost choked from the smell of the air. I'd ridden three days non stop on a Greyhound with a bunch of sweaty people and their cigarettes, and the inside of that bus smelled better than LA.
Ahh, smog. There is a mountain range approximately 18 miles north of our house, and some days the smog was so thick that you'd never know it was there if you didn't live here to see it on a clear day. o_O

Wow, lots of hate for Los Angeles in this thread. I realize it's not the best big city in the world, but...I mean, I've lived within viewing distance of downtown for 56 years, and...oh what the hell, crush it.

:D

Never having been there; hence, only knowing it from books, TV and movies, can't we save whatever is left of its incredible pre-war Art Deco architecture?

los-angeles-city-hall.jpg EasternColumbia_AdrianSF_0.JPG demolished.jpg 121982253SNmiZd_ph.jpg fd9dd9c841a81e6f0b2bd67a64323e5c.jpg

...Aah, I curiously didn't know, that there were Olympic Summer-Games in L.A.. o_O
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.1477-8696.1984.tb06766.x/abstract
Oh, that was a wonderful week! Word had spread of a prediction that the "big" earthquake that would finally destroy most of California and cause half of the state to sink into the Pacific Ocean would occur during the Olympics, so a lot of people decided to vacation out-of-state for the week. As such, you could get on any freeway at any time of the day and not encounter some form of traffic jam. In my 40+ years of driving, I can't remember any other time that happened here.

Never having been there; hence, only knowing it from books, TV and movies, can't we save whatever is left of its incredible pre-war Art Deco architecture?

View attachment 106132
At one time the City Hall building was the tallest building in downtown Los Angeles. Now the entire area has become so over-run by so many bigger and taller mirrored monstrosities that you can rarely even see City Hall in a photograph.

4i8qvoG.jpg

Find it yet? Take your time, I'll wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails