Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you ever visit England....

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
I love England! Been there many times, and I even miss it at the moment! I've been to a cool museum but I have to ask my mum where it was because I was 10 or 11 years old when we visited the museum. They re-created the Victorian period till the 30's I believe. Oh and it has a miniature-golf course :) Anyhow I'll get back to it when I've got more info.

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
YES!! That's the one! I want to go back and visit it again :D

edit: Oh I checked out their site and I remember the tea room as well. Yum yum scones with clotted cream and jam!! I miss scones :(

Last edited:

Cobden

Practically Family
Crikey, my stomping grounds seemed to have been well trod. First Cuckfield, now Battle....am I going to the garden find a lot of people in hats? lol

W-D Forties

Practically Family
There's a great book called 'Bollock to Alton Towers' by I forget who, which lists a lot of the 'odd' and ususual places to visit in these Great British Isles. A great read and very illuminating.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
In a similar vein there's the Black Country Museum in Dudley, West Midlands, near Birmingham.
Black Country Museum
The village there is around the Dudley Canal and they do canal boat trips into the Dudley tunnel where you can try "legging" the boat through! Not been there for a while so I'm assuming they still do. They also have a coal mine you can go down as well as the village with the shops and pub. There is also a working steam beam engine that pulls water out of the mine.

I've been to both Dudley and Beamish and I'd be hard pushed to choose a favourite. Both are regularly used as film sets!

Gareth

I've been to the Black Country Museum and have done the Dudley Tunnel tour. Must have been 10 years ago or so. Had a great time.

One of the things I loved about being stationed in England was that there was so much to do and see, all over the UK, and if you're looking at it from a Yank's point of view, relatively close by. Unfortunately, I spent more lovely weekends at home working on my degree than I did out riding the beemer and exploring. :eusa_doh: I sure wish I could go back there again. If only I could get a civilian position back at RAF Molesworth...

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko