Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had a chance to travel through a TIME MACHINE for a WEEK? where would you go?

green papaya

One Too Many
lets say you were given the chance to travel through a time machine and go back anywhere any time period for one full week, what where would you like to go and what would you bring with you? you can only bring what you can carry.

I wouldnt mind going to SAN FRANCISCO a week before the earthquake in 1906

like the old film titled a TRIP DOWN MARKET STREET filmed shortly before the earthquake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnDjmNNC9So&feature=related

I guess I would try to choose clothing that would blend in with the styles they wore in 1906 , for money I would bring gold and trade it in for cash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4JHj4wFpXk&feature=related

Last edited:

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
My main motivation for a visiting the past would be to meet people and observe machinery that is no longer in use.

Oh so many choices ....

I would like to meet Walter Raleigh ...

I would like to meet Mr Dickens ....

I would like to meet Antonio Gaudi (spanish architect) and Salvador Dali

I would travel back to see the stainless steel trains in action ...

I would want to meet Glenn Miller

There is a list of actors I would like to go and meet ...

... and the list goes on.

I would bring my camera with me.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
1-Maybe wall street in 1929..with a handfull of gold.
2-The obvious...Jerusalem 0 AD...
3-1970's-again a pocket full of gold coins...buy as much Apple, Microsoft as I could!
4- 1960-Be a guest on Red skelton show, hope to meet him personnally.
5- 1912, South Hampton GB. Take photos of Titanic, hope to talk to Captain of Titanic.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ebbets Field, Brooklyn, on October 5, 1941. I'd have a note sent down to Durocher in the Dodger dugout reading ON NO ACCOUNT LET CASEY THROW A SPITTER IN THE 9th.

mickey-owen.jpg

Annichen

Familiar Face
I would go back to 1935, bring tuberculosis vaccine, antibiotics & I would save my hero ; Colin Clive [angel]
And if possible, just kidnap him since nobody back then seemed to care:cry:

..yup..I am a nerd.

Do I have to spend the entire week in one time, or can I split it?

I'm thinking, first part would be in the 1920s for a little fundraising, second part late-1945 or 1946 for a little "Military Surplus Toy Store shopping"... a P-61, couple Thompson guns, maybe the unfinished battleship USS Illinois... or perhaps just make "Effective Upon Surplusing" purchases of the aircraft carrier Enterprise and battleship Washington.

Problem is, ain't much of this that'd fit into the DeLorean... lol

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am not sure when I would go, but I would probably go to Milan. I would bring a nice digital recorder.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I'd go back to 1882 Paris and work with Tououse Lautrec, Emile Barnard, and Vincent Van Gogh. That studio must have been a melange of depression, anxiety, and creative frustration. I'd bring a small bit of cash and my portable easel & box.

annet

One of the Regulars
i'd go back to the early 1950's to spend some time with my grandmother and her sister, and then i'd pay a visit to my other grandmother and tell them all not to get rid of their lovely clothes, since they will have a granddaughter one day who has about the same size and would love to wear them.

(my grandmother got rid of a whole lot of beautiful 1940s-1950s clothing the last time she moved, when i was nine years old. lots of it was handmade and in great condition... she came from a wealthy family :()

Marla

A-List Customer
I'd really like to be in New York on V-J Day. I'd wander the streets and partake in the celebration. Maybe get a kiss from a soldier...

5112184187_7c5088e406_z.jpg

Chas

One Too Many
street_scene138.jpg

52nd Street. Small's Paradise, The Onyx Club, Birdland, The Famous Door, The Three Dueces and lots of other places in Manhattan.

I'd listen, and I'd take my sax up to Harlem for the jam sessions 'til dawn, go back to my hotel, sleep for a couple of hours, get something to eat and do it again.

Edward

Bartender
Hmmn.... difficult choice... For shopping, it'd have to be New York City, late 40s, when the Bold Look was in all the best stores.... For culture, I'd love to have seen Elvis in '54, or the Ramones' early shows in CBGBs in '74....

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
I as well would head right to Wall Street in 1929 with all the gold I could get before I left and but some stock and find a custodian to leave explicit instructions of what to trade and when. I would then go do some shopping and pick up all the things I'd love to have before I came home. Guess I'd need to go forward in time though, since I'm really tall I'd probably have to get it all custom made and would need to pick it up, haha.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
The '39 World's Fair, without a doubt. After seeing all that colour footage and all those OUTFITS it would give me plenty of sewing ideas for when I come back :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner