Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had to buy a new car.....

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
PT Cruiser, coolest car??????

Well, I just reckon that the only modern automobile worth having is the PT Cruiser.
I finally got one six months ago and it is sooooo cool to drive and customize.
I reckon the 2000-2005 model will become a real classic. The new 2006 just lost
most of its coolness and retro looks......but that?Ǭ¥s just my opinion

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm partial to the new 300 C. It's not really a Chrysler(Daimler backing and Benz underpinnings), but it's possibly the most attractive car made by one of the Big Three in the past 20 years. Very much an inspired design.

chrysler-300c.jpg

A lot of people would argue it's a fake Bently, but at less than 1/3 the price and about the same performance, I wouldn't complain.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
And as far as bikes go...

sportclassics.jpg

Believe it or not, that's a brand new Ducati, fresh from the factory.

I used to like Harleys, but they've lost their novelty with me now that they're so popular...I'm probably stepping on some toes, but they're rather unreliable. The engine's basic design has remained unchanged for close to 40 years.

The problem is that the Ducati is just as expensive if not more for some models. The parts are not exactly as easy to find as you might think either. This is coming from a guy who owns a BSA and three Bultacos too so I have a few credentials about my love for European bikes. I saw a Ducati on the road yesterday. For that much money I want a bike that doesn't look like the usual "crotch rocket." :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
That's why we like Harleys so much...

The Wingnut said:
And as far as bikes go...

sportclassics.jpg

Believe it or not, that's a brand new Ducati, fresh from the factory.

I used to like Harleys, but they've lost their novelty with me now that they're so popular...I'm probably stepping on some toes, but they're rather unreliable. The engine's basic design has remained unchanged for close to 40 years.

How much more vintage can you get in a motorcycle?

Although those Ducks have a Cafe Racer style that I enjoy also...

Skywlkrinc

New in Town
Hemingway Jones said:
Personally, I have strick brand allegiance to Jeep because I have had awesome luck with them and two of them have saved my skin! I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I love currently, but you asked about cars.

Hemingway, you sound like my kind of people. I too hold my allegience to the mighty Jeep brand. I have an '02 Grand Cherokee Laredo (which is the low model on the totem pole as far as Grand Cherokees are concerned) which I love. I graduated from a '86 Cherokee Laredo which I pretty much ran into the ground driving between NorCal and SoCal during my college years (at least 3 round trips per year). It was a bittersweet day when I said goodbye to that Jeep, but I thouroughly love its replacement. I also currently have an old '51 Willys M38 (which is a flatfendered military jeep of Korean War vintage) that I got a couple years ago when I graduated from Tonka trucks to big boy toys.

To make this post relevant to this thread.....I am quite fond of the '05 Mustangs and their classic styling.........I only wish Chrysler had done the same as Ford when they released the '05 Charger (YUCK!!) The Chrysler 300 looks pretty nice as well....for a car (I'm an SUV guy).

Luke

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The first vehicle I ever drove was my uncle's Scout. I used to drive it all over his farm the summer I was thirteen. Great fun! I wanted one after that, but never got one.

Brad

shamus

Suspended
I also fell in love with the scout, but the scout 600 or scout 1, not the scout II.

it lead to my current truck, a 70 bronco. A bit nicer than the scout, easier to get parts and a true back seat.

Oh and I lived a few years in the Fort Wayne area too.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have a new VW beetle and my mom has a Passat. They are a pain in the butt because service is so dang expensive, and the serviceman that does my oil changes and whatnot told me that VW purposefully made it so that you would have to go to their dealers for the "big" work. They're cute cars, but I'm always having problems with mine.

If I could have any new car, I'd get a mini, but since they're very high on the list of stolen cars I'm still trying to think out what my next car will be.

I saw a Mazda 3 the other day and I liked the body. I'll have to look into it more, though.

If we could get them here, I love the Smart Car.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Buy Used

Zach R. said:
As long as we are posting our "next cars":

auto_MakeDeLoreanDMC_1981_DeLorean-resized200.jpg

A co-worker that I supervise has one of these, and it is a POS.

I suggest you buy a solid Toyota, or VW. We bought a Jetta with the small engine, last year. Fun. Handles very well ,and has airbags all around. Great comfort, and heated seats too. Wonderful sound system

I agree...if you can buy a USED car, let the other guy eat the depreciation. Find a used car in good shape at a great price. You can afford to do this every two years or so...without having the thousands of dollars disappear the moment you drive off the lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy