Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm in business!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Timorous! :eusa_clap
Now if I could just get up the gumption. Did you set the first bid, reserve, or anything? Or just go for it?
Nikki

timorous me

Familiar Face
I've decided to sell everything no reserve, low starting bids. My first sale was a Buy It Now, which I set higher than I thought anyone would pay! It sold within hours!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hurrah!

I think selling on ebay is just as addictive as buying myself. A nice way to fund more ebay purchases too!

timorous me

Familiar Face
ITG said:
Are you selling your personal items or are you going into business selling vintage?

It's a little of both, actually. I'll buy anything from anyone if it looks cute - so I'm selling off the things I've bought for myself that I'll realistically never wear or that just don't fit on me. I've got some very nice things in my personal collection - of course, the nicest ones are staying with me! I have bought a couple of box lots to boost my stock... But I really don't anticipate making this a full time job. Jeez, I have one of those already. And ebaying is a lot of work!!

(really, it's just so that the boyfriend will think I'm making an effort to get rid of my stuff... I'm really doing it to make room for more stuff!)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
congratulations!

as i mentioned elsewhere yesterday, i just joined a collectively-run vintage store here in portland. it's going to be a great way to pare down my collection and make some extra cash. we're mostly selling retro and funky stuff aimed at bar go'ers in the area, but i am putting a few of my nicer vintage pieces out. i'm hoping to build a clientele who is into it, and then i'll bring out the big guns ;)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
congratulations!

as i mentioned elsewhere yesterday, i just joined a collectively-run vintage store here in portland.

and just to clarify, by portland i mean MY portland, not YOUR portland! i promise i'm not horning in on your vintage-finding territory, timorous_me!

timorous me

Familiar Face
I kinda want to do the same thing... Hey, maybe you should make it a franchise. :) Bi-coastal Portland(s) Vintage Shop.

I would gladly share the vintage hunting grounds with any and all comers. I give out the easy spots and keep the good ones for myself. Can't give out too many trade secrets!

And besides, your Portland was named after my Portland anyway. ;-)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran