Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm new here

Miss Retro Chic

New in Town
Hello all,

Thought I'd introduce myself before posting. I'm Miss Retro Chic, I live in Antwerp/Belgium and as I am pretty isolated from other vintage lovers I decided to join this forum. We don't really have a "live" vintage community here, which I regret greatly, but fortunately we can connect via the internet!

I am 41 and live with my 17-year old daughter, also a vintage fan. I am most fond of the flapper era, but I do love the forties and fifties as well. I am still learning about fashion and, though I never learned to sew, I love it and make a lot of my own clothes. We do have vintage stores in Antwerp, but they are horribly expensive. I also frequent thrift stores.

So that's a bit about me. :)

Love,
Miss Retro Chic

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I extend a very warm welcome to you!, sounds like you've got a great daughter to share your vintage passion with too!

Miss Retro Chic

New in Town
Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Lady Day, thank you for posting the link to the introduction forum. I've posted a message there too.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
Welcome! I'm 41 also, but my daughter has yet to understand vintage... she's only 21 months. :) I love that you can share your love of vintage with your daughter.

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Hallo uit Nederland!
Welcome, I've been to Antwerpen a few weeks ago.
There were quite a few vintage shops that had affordable clothes but then again Antwerpen is huge!
Are you going to Turnhout a lot? They have a lot of rockabilly,40's/50's festivals and concerts going on there.

Miss Retro Chic

New in Town
Hi Romy,

I suppose I'm too used to thrift shop prices. In comparison the vintage shop prices seem high.

No, I have not been to Turnhout since I was a kid. I must check out the festivals there. Thanks for the tip!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy