Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Im new so I apologize if this has been posted before...marilyn's makeup

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
So much fun to try out

I tried out the Marilyn eyes before work and I really like the outcome. I never thought about how the lining is on the bottow lashes. I made sure to make it subtle. Thank you so much!!!!:D

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting! I am going to try the layering of lip shades and the highlight today and see what happens.

PS

A-List Customer
There is a member here that I see does this....the beautiful girl with the doll face?? Johanna?
I tried it after seeing how it looked on her and it really is quite lovely. It really compliments the top liner so nicely!

perfectredlips

New in Town
Glad you all liked it...the liner trick is great! I have very small close set eyes and this really makes them look bigger. As for the vasaline...I have used it for years...now that the whole 'petro is bad' thing has gotten big i've switched to egyptian magic but still love the results from vasaline. I agree that it is not for everyone but I will say it gives me that dewy glow even in winter.

KittenHasCurves

New in Town
What a nice detailed explanation! I have tried the lower liner trick, and it really does make the eyes look bigger. I just cant seem to get the hang of winged liner though. :eusa_doh:

I wish I had an hour and a half daily to spend on makeup alone!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks PRL! Now gee.. if I only had MM's features, this would be a breeze!

I had read before that she always used black eyeliner, and put the white shader overtop.. which is what I do. Will have to use these ideas as well.

Goldwyn, you out there? Do you have any Marylin makeup tips?!
Nikki

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
What about the all important mole!!! I must say I can't recall ever seeing Marilyn in green eyeshadow. The colours were very sudubed. White or cream eyeshadow with brown in the crease. It often looked as though she was only wearing liner and mascara. Full red lips are a must.
My version of Marilyn.

17cc.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap I knew you'd have a great photo to share! So Goldwyn, what do you use for the mole? Black seems like too much, should we mix brown in?
Gawd your hair is pefect in that pic!
Nikki

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
your hair!

goldwyn girl said:
What about the all important mole!!! I must say I can't recall ever seeing Marilyn in green eyeshadow. The colours were very sudubed. White or cream eyeshadow with brown in the crease. It often looked as though she was only wearing liner and mascara. Full red lips are a must.
My version of Marilyn.

17cc.jpg

i must know how do you get your hair to look like that! thats just how i want mine, you look sooo good! i bet you hear that all the time!
how long is your hair when it's not curled and how do you have it cut, i must know!! (please)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you ladies. To get that style I set my hair on hot rollers, it's pretty much the same length all over, no layers just as Marilyns was, cut into a bob. The length was just below my shoulder about two inches longer than it is curled. The sides are rolled towards my face, the top back on an angle and the back alternate directions with the rollers in like this, llllll, I hope you understand what I mean. It took quite a lot of trial and error to find the right set. I studied MM forever, it's my job.
Here's another one,

JBS01.jpg

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
desi_de_lu_lu said:
THis was very informative. I feel though, I could only wear THAT much makeup once a year...say New Year's Eve. But it looks fantastic on her...

thank you so much for telling us how you did this, im still a bit lost, on the back do you put the rollers in up and down (vertically) or left to right (horizontally)? What size rollers do you use?

You can tell you have had a lot of trial and error; you don’t do this good on your first shot! :eusa_clap

I think I must be a ditz because im not able to visualize how you do this, if some one else gets it and can try and explain it differently please let me know, I just love this look. Now, im not a blond so I won’t look like MM but it’s still such a beautiful style I think I may have to try it.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Yes I put the rollers in up and down so the row looks like this, lllll, I'm really not good at explaining I just know how I do it. I can't get to my rollers at the moment but I will tell you the brand name and size later. It dose'nt matter what colour your hair is this set will look fab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy