Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm sure i'll live to regret this!

mojoe

New in Town
Hello to all. This is my first post after lurking as a virtual voyeur for some time. I have learned a lot from the members of the forum and have recently purchased an Aero 50's half belt in vintage black with a red drill lining.

I still have my old half belt which is an R.M Williams drover jacket in dark brown steerhide, and it will soon be moving on to another home as I really only wanted one jacket that will see me out for the rest of my years. One jacket to take on adventures and bear the scars and scuffs of a lifetime of experiences.

This is where the title of the thread comes in. After receiving the jacket a few weeks ago, I told myself that that was it, I have my dream jacket. I told myself to move on, say a silent and anonymous thank you to all those on this forum for the ideas and thoughts that inspired me to go with Aero. I told myself to forget the Fedora Lounge and start enjoying breaking in my one jacket.

Well, i'm sorry to say that I cant walk away. I can't give up cold turkey. And worst of all, I cant stop thinking about ordering another Aero!!

Please, for the love of god (no disrespect intended to any religion or non religious persons), stop infecting unsuspecting browsers with your tempting discussions and irresistible photos.

I know its too late for me, but think of the other poor unfortunates that are to come.

I humbly request to join the ranks of the Aero addicted. And as posted, I'm sure i'll live to regret this.

I know that they are just leather jackets....but....

Mojoe

m0nk

One Too Many
I can't believe that you didn't notice before that this is a group of enablers, not a support group. :D

At any rate, the way I see it, jackets are like hats; you need one for every occasion... and even every season. There is no shame in admitting this nor in acting on it...

mojoe

New in Town
Hotel California - I like it.

And very apt as I will be traveling to California in a week or so (from Australia) for a month long road trip.

The jacket will get plenty of wear and I will certainly post a picture or two of the start of its adventures.

Mojoe

Hotel California - I like it.

And very apt as I will be traveling to California in a week or so (from Australia) for a month long road trip.

The jacket will get plenty of wear and I will certainly post a picture or two of the start of its adventures.

Mojoe

The best way to break in a new jacket! I just did that - starting with my Aero pickup in Scotland. I think my jacket got 6-months worth of wear on my trip - which is good. Safe travels to you sir!

Cooperson

One Too Many
mojoe - First, you can't tell us about a new Aero without posting some pics - it's the law :)

Second - if you think this will be your only Aero, you are sadly mistaken! Enjoy your first!

Cheers

mojoe

New in Town
As soon as my wife gets back on Tuesday (she's a flight attendant) to snap some photos, I will post a picture or two.

cheers,

Mojoe

DonW

New in Town
A little over a month ago I had never heard of Aero Leathers and The Fedora Lounge then a browsing session on the internet led me to the Aero site and then whilst researching them I found The Fedora Lounge and I was hooked on both, I now own an Aero and another on the way, I look through loads of threads here daily and I'm being sucked further in, now I'm looking at hats! Is there a cure for this problem or is this it for the rest of time?

Dav

One Too Many
I'm afraid to say that it's probably going to be a life addiction, I've been Aero cold turkey for twelve months now but I can feel the Horsehide calling my name, so am sure I'll be weak again sometime next year. ;)

mojoe

New in Town
Hello to all. I haven't forgotten to post pictures of my jacket, just trying to convince my wife that taking the photo's is just as important as our christmas preparations for the family BBQ we are hosting.

So, I've been pushed to the back of the To Do list! I promise that at the very least, I will get some online by 27/28 Dec.

I've been on the verge of ordering a 1930's half-belt in brown FQHH but so far I am resisting.

Just.

Anyway, gotta go, here comes the wife!

Happy Holidays to all.

regards,

Mojoe

Fifty150

One Too Many
Well, i'm sorry to say that I cant walk away. I can't give up cold turkey. And worst of all, I cant stop thinking about ordering another Aero!!

Just indulge and enjoy. Almost everyone here has more jackets than they could wear in a lifetime. Just don't let your shopping habit turn you into a "jacket-whore". I would hate to see you hustling chicken hawks for leather jacket money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24