Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Store Displays.

Marty M.

Vendor
Vested interests.

carter said:
Thanks Marty. So I should ask the merchant if it is possible to buy and extra yard (or 2 since I'm a 50 Reg) of the suiting fabric?
Should the fabric on the back of the vest match the jacket lining?
Carter

Carter, For your size 1.750 yards should do fine. If the suit is an off the peg garment that isn't a vested suit already, well you'll have some possible issues to contend with. The issues are: 1/ Can they gaurentee that the die lot of the vest fabric and lining will match with the coat and pant? 2/ Are they making the vest? Or do you have to farm it out? 3/ If you are farming it out will they send you matching buttons and thread? And do you know who can make it for you? 4/ Make sure that when you buy a vested garment that the coat is fitted while wearing the vest. That way you can button the jacket while wearing the vest. 5/ Don't forget to check out your local custom clothiers for a vested garment.
Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
Elegance vs Dandism?

AlanC said:
Not wanting to import that debate here (but, too late!), I think probably only Astaire should wear it. Grant probably wore more accessible ensembles on the whole. He just did it better than anyone else.

I agree with you there. Other then possible George Clooney, no other actor has come close to being as elegant and handsome as Cary Grant. Grant would had looked bafoonish wearing Astaire's style.
Marty

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn Marty, your display makes me want to shop. Your sense of detail,proportion and style are terrific. I wish we had a shop like yours here in the city.:eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

Store Displays

I photocopied pictures from a 1920's book on store displays and was going to add them to this thread. However, it seems I can't upload them.

Can someone work with me privately on this issue? Some of these photos are quite interesting.

Vintage Betty

Marty M.

Vendor
Ah, from the masters.

Vintage Betty said:
I photocopied pictures from a 1920's book on store displays and was going to add them to this thread. However, it seems I can't upload them.

Can someone work with me privately on this issue? Some of these photos are quite interesting.

Vintage Betty

Keep working on it Vintage Betty. I need more ideas for displays. Thanks.
Marty

Vintage Betty

Wife or (WFF) well-fashioned friend discount?

So Marty, if I drag my husbamd to your store to get a great look, do you offer wife discounts? lol

I'm not sure what to do about the upload issue. I've made fedoralounge.com a trusted site, and checked all my known permissions. I am not having this problem on other sites. I'll see what I can do Marty.

I have pics and detailed store advice back to the late 1800's, maybe earlier. How far do you want me to go? Should I only post period displays?

Vintage Betty

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
So Marty, if I drag my husbamd to your store to get a great look, do you offer wife discounts? lol

I'm not sure what to do about the upload issue. I've made fedoralounge.com a trusted site, and checked all my known permissions. I am not having this problem on other sites. I'll see what I can do Marty.

I have pics and detailed store advice back to the late 1800's, maybe earlier. How far do you want me to go? Should I only post period displays?

Vintage Betty

you cannot -upload- pictures to here..you must host them somewhere else and then link to the hosting site url using the insert picture button in the 'posting window'

photobucket.com is free and works well.

Vintage Betty

Thank you

I wish they had disabled the option or posted a note about this in the upload window; it would have saved me a lot of time.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a location I store uploaded files so I will do this sometime this week when I have time.

Vintage betty

Marty M.

Vendor
StanleyVanBuren said:
Ladies, take note:

Marty remains in business.

This means he must have customers.

This means there must be some very well-dressed chaps roaming about Minneapolis.

;)

Oh yeah Stanley. There are lots of well dressed fella's up here. Though we're always looking for young California Attnys ready for a move to the North ;)

Thanks Betty for trying. Beleve me, it takes me forever to down load store pics. Which I think is due to the fact that I'm much better with fabrics than computers.

Thanks Warbird and Jovan. Always great to hear from you.

Douglas you're a pal. Thanks.
Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael